JET KIT-don't do it

Have any" real people" on here had success with the jet kit from Kintyech or whatever ?

My bike will not idle,it's backfiring when it does and I cannot kick start it. I have to bump start it. I have been screwing with the idle screw for the last two months-all the way in to 10 turns out and every thing in between. all crap.

There are no air leaks

My bike was a two kick starter before now it's a no kick starter. and I'm pissed

Well, upon a quick inspection, I would say Im a real person and if I may give you some positive words, I installed a dynojet kit and had no problems at all. My moto runs fantastic. I have a 05 DR650 with DJ kit, airbox mod, and supertrapp IDS 2 exhaust. I followed Keintech's instructions. I wish I could give you more advice on how to get your hog running better....there are a lot of very knowlegable dudes on here that Im sure can give you some tips. Hang in there, you'll get it.

I put Dynojet kits in a '00 DR650 and a '05 DR650 and they both worked great, but I am a fake person. If you got the right kit for your bike and followed the instructions that came with it, it should work fine if you installed it right. There are thousands of people who have done this before you with no problems.

Have any" real people" on here had success with the jet kit from Kintyech or whatever ?

My bike will not idle,it's backfiring when it does and I cannot kick start it. I have to bump start it. I have been screwing with the idle screw for the last two months-all the way in to 10 turns out and every thing in between. all crap.

There are no air leaks

My bike was a two kick starter before now it's a no kick starter. and I'm pissed

You haven't mentioned the bike you have but most Dynojet kits deal with only the main circuit and the needle circuit. The problems you are describing seem to be pilot circuit related and if so have zero to do with the kit.

I bet if you had called Jesse once over the "last two months" you could have posted a much nicer review of your current situation. He's about as good a guy as you are likely to find and I'm sure could guide you through whatever your problem happens to be. Rest assured it is not a "kit" problem.

I hope you get your machine sorted soon. ?

I'm a real person and Windows 7 was my idea.?

you might want to look at the spark plug. you can tell if your bike is running to rich or to lean from the color of the electrodes.

if your plug looks black and sooty your bike is running to rich if it is light gray/white with an ashy look it is running to lean. this will point you in the right direction and get your bike to start easier then you can fine tune it for more power

your bike might have a vacuum leak somewhere also make shure the carb is pushed tight onto the intake. if it is a CV carb make shure the cover over the slide is on tight and not cracked. if your bike has a vacuum operated fuel valve on the tank make shure the vacuum line to it is on tight and not cracked, split, or rotted looking. if you have a vacuum meter and can find somewhere to plug it in it will tell you if you have a vacuum leak the needle jump a lot if you have one.

to many people have had good results from rejetting there carbs for it to be not worth while just stick with it and you will find the problem

OK, I'm sorry for sounding too harsh. Just spent 30 minutes trying to kick it over and got frustgerated. I'm sure jet kit works great for most people.

DR 350

My bike is the dr350s so it has the street carb, 20,000k's

Thanks

You haven't mentioned the bike you have but most Dynojet kits deal with only the main circuit and the needle circuit. The problems you are describing seem to be pilot circuit related and if so have zero to do with the kit.

I bet if you had called Jesse once over the "last two months" you could have posted a much nicer review of your current situation. He's about as good a guy as you are likely to find and I'm sure could guide you through whatever your problem happens to be. Rest assured it is not a "kit" problem.

I think he has a 91 DR350S. And yes the jetting knowledge base on those is about as deep as any bike out there so something else is going on!

Bruce

Can someone tell me what the tube that goes from the air box down to the engine is for?

Thanks

It is a crank case breather/emissions system. Oil vapors are sent back through the engine to combust and be burned through that hose and back into the airbox instead of venting straight into the atmosphere. Also let's the cranks case breathe when the engine is spinning fast so that seals don't blow out and oil leaks develop.

As noted above, your problem is probably not the kit. Maybe something went awry during install? Float height became misadjusted? Maybe some dirt in the pilot circuit? All hoses reconnected properly?

Have you started the bike with petcock on prime?

It's got to be the "kit's" fault. He's obviously followed every instruction meticously as well as cleaning the carb and all the jets prior to reinstalling it. Of course I'm just a fake person, and my bike didn't fire right up today after I completed my airbox mod and jetted the carb. Wait that last sentence was a lie!!! My big DR cranked up within six revolutions of the engine after reinstalling the carb and priming it. Ran like a scalded cat. Idled great and was less filling too!

I'm a real person and had good luck with a Jet kit for a DR350 that I bought from Jessie. Of course what jets he sends you for that bike depend on what what muffler you have and what you have done or plan to do to the air box. Give Jessie a call and talk about the problem, he is a great guy.

It's got to be the "kit's" fault. He's obviously followed every instruction meticously as well as cleaning the carb and all the jets prior to reinstalling it. Of course I'm just a fake person, and my bike didn't fire right up today after I completed my airbox mod and jetted the carb. Wait that last sentence was a lie!!! My big DR cranked up within six revolutions of the engine after reinstalling the carb and priming it. Ran like a scalded cat. Idled great and was less filling too!

I was taking carbs apart when you were still waiting for your first black and curly to sprout " hey Mom what's this" Your becoming a man, young donwanny.

well good for you donwanny, but real men don't use electric start.

and thanks for the the great advice.

I will take it apart again and see what I can do.