DSC_0305.jpg

Step five: put the rest of the parts around the bike

DSC_0309.jpg

DSC_0311.jpg

DSC_0313.jpg

Bonus step: UNICROSS!!!

DSC_0301.jpg

Feel free to pass around.:rockon:

HAHA! won't happen. If you look closely, you'll also see a hitch in the car. My buddy just got his bike and was on his way to his dad's house to install the hitch and pick up his trailer, and he picked up the bike on the way.

We just thought it would be funny to share some pics.

haha, a little bit of a pain, but surely possible

I took off the swing arm/gas tank/plastics and I was able to carry the whole bike in a corolla back from the shop

That's amazing! did you put it in the trunk or on the back seat? was it a sedan or station wagon?

That's amazing! did you put it in the trunk or on the back seat? was it a sedan or station wagon?

I used a regular sedan, and just put the bigger stuff (engine/frame/wheels) in the back seat, with all the plastics/forks in the trunk

IMG_4309.jpg

IMG_4312.jpg

IMG_4314.jpg

it takes way, way, too long to do what I did, but it was only because I was getting all the bearings down to my steering head replaced, so all the parts were apart anyways

but looking back...it might be possible to just put it in the back seat, with all the major parts on there

do you think your bike would fit, across the back seat, with the forks off, but the swing arm still attached?

and how long did it take to take all the parts off and back on? I figure on the front, you don't even have to take the wheel off...just unbolt the brake caliper, loosen the pinch bolts, and take off the forks and wheel together

I used a regular sedan, and just put the bigger stuff (engine/frame/wheels) in the back seat, with all the plastics/forks in the trunk

IMG_4309.jpg

IMG_4312.jpg

IMG_4314.jpg

it takes way, way, too long to do what I did, but it was only because I was getting all the bearings down to my steering head replaced, so all the parts were apart anyways

but looking back...it might be possible to just put it in the back seat, with all the major parts on there

do you think your bike would fit, across the back seat, with the forks off, but the swing arm still attached?

and how long did it take to take all the parts off and back on? I figure on the front, you don't even have to take the wheel off...just unbolt the brake caliper, loosen the pinch bolts, and take off the forks and wheel together

It took about 30 minutes to take off the forks (front brake and wheel still attached), and fenders off and cram it all in the car, but what took the most time was to figure out how to stick the hitch in there also without damaging the brand new bike.

I will add that it was only temporary, too. My friend installed his new hitch the same day and now hauls his bike on a small trailer.

Great idea, but now the car is too crowded to eat Poutine in it ?

Yeah, it would have to be eaten outside. The hood is pretty flat on a Ford Escape, it makes for a good makeshift counter.

Step one: take a bike

DSC_0294.jpg

Step two: Remove both wheels, fenders and forks

DSC_0300.jpg

Step three: stick the bike in the car

DSC_0302.jpg

Step four: smile for the camera

DSC_0305.jpg

Step five: put the rest of the parts around the bike

DSC_0309.jpg

DSC_0311.jpg

DSC_0313.jpg

Bonus step: UNICROSS!!!

DSC_0301.jpg

Feel free to pass around.:rockon:

I did that with a 1978 Husky back in 1986 i put the whole thing in my 1986 dodge daytona hatchback and drove from Pa to SC

It took about 30 minutes to take off the forks (front brake and wheel still attached), and fenders off and cram it all in the car, but what took the most time was to figure out how to stick the hitch in there also without damaging the brand new bike.

I will add that it was only temporary, too. My friend installed his new hitch the same day and now hauls his bike on a small trailer.

Yeah, it would have to be eaten outside. The hood is pretty flat on a Ford Escape, it makes for a good makeshift counter.

so it won't fit, horizontally?

either way, seems like too much of a hassle to be a regular thing...

oh well...my custom dirt bike carrier with dual 2" receiver mounts should be done soon...