Sign in to follow this  

Fuel injection on a yz250 two stroke?

I Have put Fuel injection on my 2001 yz250. It has tremendous power gains over stock. With this system you can now have the torque of a four-stroke on a two-stroke. Its mechanically driven via a fuel pump which runs off the water pump. Check out my fuel injected yz250, and tell me what you think.

I'll bet you spotted Bigfoot in your backyard, and had a close encounter with aliens as well...👍

It's true, looks pretty innovative if you ask me! Nice work, but more pictures are needed here. I want to see the injector, let alone more details in how you got this to work.

What throttle body did you use?

What ECU did you use? Megasquirt?

WHere did you mount your ECU?

The fuel pump seems vulnerable, but other than that it seems pretty cool. Would you care to give us more info about it?

Really interesting.

I added more pictures. This system is based off an MRD kit. Its all mechanical. Nothing is electronic. I am still going to build an aluminum guard for the fuel pump. The intake manifold originally was for a twin cylinder jet ski. I had to machine an adapter plate for the intake. and then make another spaver plate to allow clearance for the T-valve adjustment. And then cut and weld tubing for the intake to allow it to fit the stock airbox. I cut the manifold in half. and came up with a smaller injector. For fitting the fuel pump, There is a driveshaft that connacts the water impellor to the fuel pump.

Hmmm I'm a little disappointed its all mechanical. I was hoping you had used microsquirt. Very cool none the less. Good work!

I Have put Fuel injection on my 2001 yz250. It has tremendous power gains over stock. With this system you can now have the torque of a four-stroke on a two-stroke. Its mechanically driven via a fuel pump which runs off the water pump. Check out my fuel injected yz250, and tell me what you think.

very innovative...definitely impressed.

Quite innovative to say the least. How does it adjust for temp, elevation and humidity? How does this give the powercurve of a 4 stroke as well. Its still all driven by the expansion chamber and reeds for keeping the air and fuel in the cylinder

Quite innovative to say the least. How does it adjust for temp, elevation and humidity? How does this give the powercurve of a 4 stroke as well. Its still all driven by the expansion chamber and reeds for keeping the air and fuel in the cylinder

gotta wonder how yamaha didnt think of that, really dont know if im being sarcastic. i once spent months dreaming up that supercharger system thats just the compressor half of a turbo driven off the crank, found it in a magazine when i just had it on paper. could have cried seriously, some clown sitting on a 170 bhp triumph triple with my idea and a two finger jesture kinda ruined that day. anyone else out there have that happen to you?

This set up is very sensitive to humidity and tempurature, but this problem is minimized because there are only two adjustments and they are both very easy to adjust. shortening the throttle arm leans the bottom end and lengthening the arm richens the bottom end. once that is set. you can adjust the overall mixture with a T-valve.