Sign in to follow this  

bike screams with choke on

Hi, I have a 2002 kx 250. The bike runs excellent, but when I put the choke on to start the bike it revs at what sounds like 2 million rpms until I take the choke off. If I hold the choke on halfway it is alot better( very awkward to do though).

My question is whether there is any adjustment that can be made to the choke? I have checked the service manual with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Judd

Hi, I have a 2002 kx 250. The bike runs excellent, but when I put the choke on to start the bike it revs at what sounds like 2 million rpms until I take the choke off. If I hold the choke on halfway it is alot better( very awkward to do though).

My question is whether there is any adjustment that can be made to the choke? I have checked the service manual with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Judd

are you using the choke when warm? it will do that. kawis have also been known to rev way too high with the choke on when cold, and you have to fiddle with the half way point

if not

unscrew the choke knob and check for a good seal. im not sure if those have an oring, some do. but you may be leaking air past the choke.

Today it is 51. I have bought the bike in the fall last year so the temp was already to cold to try to start without the choke. I am going to check my manual to see if there is an oring.

thanks