EVS RC Evolution Race Collar.

Hi, im about to buy a Neck brace. Im looking at the EVS RC Evolution race collar. Do you know if it fit with a body armor (six six one)?

That model is one of the less expensive on the market, do you have good review/comment about it?

thanks

I don't know exactly what that brace fits with but i would not recommend it. It is not very sturdy. the braces main component is a foam roll around your neck. I'm really going to have to reccommend the a-star sb.

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/ALPINESTARS-BIONIC-NECK-SUPPORT-SB/?catalogId=115617

Or the leatt adventure

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/LEATT-ADVENTURE-NECK-BRACE/?catalogId=113770

Both my son and I have the RC evolution. We both wear it under Thor chest protector's and we're very happy with them after using them last season. I have raced for over 20 years and I just started using a neck protector and I wouldn't go back to not wearing one. I don't notice that I'm wearing the brace which is what my initial concern was.

I'm with Hold Tight. you want a better brace than the EVS revolution.

I was the same way and I went with the leatt Adventure and really like it.

Have had it for two yeas now and still in perfect shape. I clean it after about three or four rides (less if it is real muddy).

go with the adventure......You'll love it

I have an RC Evo and I definitely I like it for the price. It offers decent to good protection and for me, it's already been worth the money.

With that being said, it does have some serious cons.

It was made to just sit on a person's shoulders and even with the largest size they make at 225lbs it doesn't sit on my shoulders correctly unless I have my Camelbak on and sinched down.

I also dislike how little I can move my head to the side while wearing it. I am fully aware it's a neck brace and it's supposed to generally keep my head from moving but I've worn a Leatt and there's a big difference. I ride with people that are faster than me so I generally don't care too much; on the other hand, if you feel the need to constantly be checking on the rider behind you for safety concerns, I would recommend something else.

I wear the EVS RC Evolution....I think it is a great neck brace. I have hit the ground pretty hard a few times....I could feel my helmet hit the pad on the brace....so to me it did its job. Once you get the right shims in the pad and wear it a few times....you cant even tell you have it on.......It is a great item for protection..........

i have a evs and think it is great. i wear mine with a thor sentinal. i just don't buy into the hype of high priced neck guards. i grew up racing when there was no neck guards, so having any of them will be a good move and buy the one that fits your budget.

• 10 months later...

I second Whiplases statment about the EVS fit around the neck. I went to Cycle Gear last night and tried on the diffrent brands and models in stock. I had been leaning toward a EVS evo because of the cost, but it was way too tight around my neck (size XL). I could not even turn my head and a helmet would not have been able to go on with out it lifting it up.

I am 5' 11" 230# not fat I have big chest and shoulders, 36' waist 18" neck.

I tried the Leatt GPX and it could probably be adjusted to work as it was in the store it had clearance around my neck it just sat up to high, it was riding on my sternum and back not down on my shoulders.

I tried the Astar bionic and it fit low enough that I could turn my head with a helmet on and it still caught the helmet when at a more extreme tilt side to side and front to rear. I just have to save a little more mad money to get the Bionic!!

I got to thinking that the EVS had to have some kind of adjustment! I went to their website and sure enough you can remove padding out of the collar. The salesman at cycle gear ether did not know or was just trying to get me to buy a more expensive brace. No way a sales person would do that. LOL

So I will head back to a shop and try one again with the collar padding thinned way down. I still really liked the Alpinestar Bionic.

I have been looking at getting a kneck brace too. Tried on both the Leatt and Astars just today at a local shop.

The Astars, odd as it sounded fit good and left a lot of room with the helmet on. I sat on my collar bone(s) odd, granted I was not wearing my under shirt when I tried it on, but it did not seem to have the padding in that location as good as the Leatt.

The Leatt fit very nice and the padding was comfy but it did not leave as much room with the helmet on. I could see it be a little more restrictive for movement, but at the same time more protection.

I could not figure out which one I wanted honestly, so I came back to do reviews.

I would tell you to try them on with your helmet if you can it does make a difference.

Also I am 6'2" 215 and both the medium/large combos fit well.