anybody run stock suspension on their rm 250

i got an 05..i set the clickers to stock but just cant seem to get em feeling right....they seem stiff as hell.... when i sit on the bike the shock will compress but the forks dont move...are suzuki forks just like that...it seems like the same thing went on with my 01 rm 125...thanks

i have an 07 and weigh about 155 and ride off road and my suspension feels pretty good but i am going to go to a lighter fork oil next time i change it just to make it a hair softer. one of my local dealers also rides an rm 250 and that is what he does and suggested for me so i am going to try it out. over all though i really like the stock suspension on this bike. i checked my race sag right after i bought it and it came perfect for me.

i got an 05..i set the clickers to stock but just cant seem to get em feeling right....they seem stiff as hell.... when i sit on the bike the shock will compress but the forks dont move...are suzuki forks just like that...it seems like the same thing went on with my 01 rm 125...thanks

Your forks are probably binding. Re-set the front wheel axle and clamps correctly.

Your forks are probably binding. Re-set the front wheel axle and clamps correctly.

what do you mean Re-set the front wheel axle and clamps correctly? sorry no pro here! I have the same thing. my shock compresses but you have to damn near stand on the bars to see any movement out of the front and they were built by race tech (pre me).

I'll take a stab at answering this. You should undo (but not remove) the axle nut and the two pinch bolts on either side. Let the bike take its own weight. Do up axle nut. Do up the pinch bolts. Done (if that's right). Sometimes the pinch bolts are done up before axle nut, which can mean the fork legs are not parallel, and so don't slide easily up and down. They're designed to be parallel when the bottom of the fork legs are butted up hard against the wheel spacers.

what do you mean Re-set the front wheel axle and clamps correctly? sorry no pro here! I have the same thing. my shock compresses but you have to damn near stand on the bars to see any movement out of the front and they were built by race tech (pre me).

loosen up the axle and clamps....grab the front brake and push down on the front of the bike a few good hard times..then tighten the wheel back up....that will get it centered back up...

I have a 05 and I ride off-road. My forks seem like they have alot of friction too. I'll try to loosen the axle bolts and re-adjust. Has anyone had there forks coated? I'm wondering what they would feel like after. My forks seals are leaking too, maybe the forks being out of line caused that too?

I have a 05 and I ride off-road. My forks seem like they have alot of friction too. I'll try to loosen the axle bolts and re-adjust. Has anyone had there forks coated? I'm wondering what they would feel like after. My forks seals are leaking too, maybe the forks being out of line caused that too?

Yeh, but I would only recomend it for MX and big air. Otherwise your wasting $

Edited by mxn4life

My RM front forks were stiff as shit when I got it,,,I changed the springs,, that helped a little,,but,, I found the best modification on the front end was to change the shims in that race tech valving,,,I couldn't believe the difference,,even when the bike was sitting still,,,when You bounced the front end up, and down,,,,,You can feel the difference.....Just soften-up that front end, and,, the difference is the bigger valve in the race tech kit....the stock ones are to small....good luck....Dr.D..

I wipe my sliders down with silicone spray after washing my bike, the difference in friction with and without the silicone is pretty amazing actually.

Thats a pretty good idea especially if you can keep the wipers slightly softer with the silicone. ­čĹŹ