Sign in to follow this  

Noob or Guru?!?

Hello!

Been a long time since ive posted here...not much time to ride also...

Ive posted many times specially while i was rebuilding my 600R engine...600,650L and Domi´s engines are no longer strange to me.Today decided to change oil on my 600R, cause engine break in after rebuild has ended...1000kms and its time to change oil, filters and check valves.Got new synthetic oil, drained the old one and while i was tuneing the engine by hand, i heard a loud CLANK!!

The kick starter did not came back....damn..the kick starter return spring snapped.Got the clutch cover out, too many metal shaves inside stuck on the magnetic drain plugs (hmmmm), found the snapped spring and surprise: the cam chain slider was too loose...i thought: "the damn cam chain adjuster is stuck...let me check it..."

Found this:

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

Ive installed many times that cam chain adjuster....rebuilded and entire engine from scratch and got it fully kitted and working strong and fast as hell, but somehow the last time i managed to install the cam chain adjuster in front of the plastic cam chain slider...i would say that the cam chain was gonna jump from cam sprocket in not time...

Guess i was lucky not to destroy the complete engine....

Im no noob on these engines, but for sure not a guru....and no shame to show everybody the shit i also do🤣

Cheers

Carlos

BTW: be careful how you install your cam chain adjusters 👍

wow. great pictures. i guess that would be easy to do. when i put a new cam in my bike i hated have to put the tensioner back in. even double checking is hard to see a problem like that. lucky that you found it though before it could of been way worse. how much did that magnetic oil plug cost?