Yeehaw!!

Sorry...🤣

The snow's melted enough now that I got to ride my new 230 for the first real time... at speed. After reading all the Heavy & Slow posts... I didn't know what to expect. Gotta say I was pretty surprised with the torque, snap and speed! Still too much snow around to do any real trail riding, but I rode on the trails along the side of our road, jumping a few drives and hitting some rough areas... and I was happy with how the bike responded. With all the talk about the bad stock suspension on this bike... I was expecting something nearly intolerable. But I got a feel for it pretty fast... was able to fly over some good size wheeler whoops. 🙂

Anyway... still got a lot more riding to do before I can gain a comprehensive perspective... but MAN... that was FUN!!! 👍

Congratulations on the new 230.

I was in the same boat after I read all the so-so reviews - I even thought I may have made a mistake by buying it. I was just as surprised as you to find out there is a real good bike lurking under the mild-mannered stock package. Remove the intake and exhaust baffle and rejet per Mike Coe's dyno work and you'll have a real screamer. The torque this "little" two-valve 230 makes is ridiculous and it performs extremely well in tight woods. I can absolutely run away from my buddy on his XR250 in tight woods. The forks are weak but that's to be expected with damper rod units. Other than that it's a great bike when properly setup for your body weight.

Best of luck and enjoy your new toy.

great bike I agree,I also think the stock suspension is good for what its designed for.I moved up from a 150 and found this bike is quite good.If you are going to go on big jumps then your gona need to upgrade the suspension,power wise its a lil lacking but it can also be upgraded.I ride mine a bit agressive and I have no plans to upgrade the suspension yet,engine wise I have allready started.