Fork Upgrade

Anyone know if 08 yz250f forks will work on an 05 yz 250. Just the 08 forks with the 05 triple clamps, brake, wheel, spacers. If no, which 08 parts are manditory for the swap? Good gas for all that can help.

You woudl need the 08 axle and both wheel spacers. You pretty much need a new brake caliper since the mounting points are different and Yamaha does not separate the caliper and carrier.

To finish, you will need the 2006-2010 triple clamps if you care to do it 100% accurately since they are spaced 2mm further apart. It would work fine with your 05 clamps if you let 2mm of axle hang out of the non brake side when you assemble the front wheel.

• Like 1

Thanks Roland,

So I need forks, axle, spacers and brake caliper? I don't care about the axle, I will just cut it.

The axle is pretty cheap. I dontthink mine was over 20.00 at the local shop. But yes, I think cutting it would be fine. But you wouldend up cutting both ends as Yamaha shortened it from both ends.

I will have to see what the price difference is with vs w/o the triple clamps. I don't want to spend too much as I have way too much in this bike already. Thanks again Roland, time to load up the yz for a ride in the morning!

I will have to see what the price difference is with vs w/o the triple clamps. I don't want to spend too much as I have way too much in this bike already. Thanks again Roland, time to load up the yz for a ride in the morning!

The switch is probably worth it. You will notice the lighter weight, as silly as that sounds. Plus, you can resell the older parts.