Mototractor pics

Now to the tractor: That thing looks exactly like one my uncle uses, and that thing would be perfect for keeping a track groomed up fresh. Do you have any trouble starting it in the winter? Reason I ask is B/C you said you moved snow with it.

Edited by chickenhauler
Removed reference to pissing match

I don't see how his comment was calling out the OP. Its hard to find old tractors like that run. I barely see any old tractors like that, that still run.

Well you don't live in the South or Mid West then. I see them all the time along with new ones.

Well you don't live in the South or Mid West then. I see them all the time along with new ones.

You are right, I edited my location to show where I am from. Farming in my area is a large scale operation. Average farm size in my area is probably 3-4 thousand acres. The old stuff doesn't have much use up here. However a tractor like the OPs would be the perfect size for cultivating the tree rows surrounding my farm here.

Cool thing is New Holland is currently making a new version of the old 8n:

http://agriculture.newholland.com/us/en/Products/Compact-Tractors-and-Commercial-Mowers/Boomer-8N/Pages/Products_overview.aspx?nhpid=Boomer%208N%2050%20HP

You are right, I edited my location to show where I am from. Farming in my area is a large scale operation. Average farm size in my area is probably 3-4 thousand acres. The old stuff doesn't have much use up here. However a tractor like the OPs would be the perfect size for cultivating the tree rows surrounding my farm here.

Cool thing is New Holland is currently making a new version of the old 8n:

http://agriculture.newholland.com/us/en/Products/Compact-Tractors-and-Commercial-Mowers/Boomer-8N/Pages/Products_overview.aspx?nhpid=Boomer%208N%2050%20HP

Thats awesome even though I'm a Kubota or Jon Deere man myself. And I understand what you mean by large scale operations where "old" tractors just don't cut it.

Hey Clay you are right on point with your comments that dude bags on every ones stuff. By the way if you still drive that white truck would it not be cool to tie motocandy's truck up between ours and let rip? Just a thought

+1 he's a straight up doucher in my book.

Now to the tractor: That thing looks exactly like one my uncle uses, and that thing would be perfect for keeping a track groomed up fresh. Do you have any trouble starting it in the winter? Reason I ask is B/C you said you moved snow with it.

The joke around here is don't ever let a kid with an ice cream cone walk past an 8 or 9N on a sunny day, it won't start for a week.๐Ÿ‘

I see someone has swapped an alternator in place of the generator, and converted it to 12V in the process.

Did they convert the ignition to 12V or just put a resistor in line?

The joke around here is don't ever let a kid with an ice cream cone walk past an 8 or 9N on a sunny day, it won't start for a week.๐Ÿ‘

I see someone has swapped an alternator in place of the generator, and converted it to 12V in the process.

Did they convert the ignition to 12V or just put a resistor in line?

Somebody before me did did the 12V conversion. They didn't put in the resistor and the points were fried when i got it. I rebuilt the carb, new plugs, wires and a new radiator. Beside a few oil leaks, it runs flawless. It amazes me something from 1948 is still around and being used.

The disc is a single row wing type (not sure what it is).

Let's see some more motocross track equipment!

Somebody before me did did the 12V conversion. They didn't put in the resistor and the points were fried when i got it. I rebuilt the carb, new plugs, wires and a new radiator. Beside a few oil leaks, it runs flawless. It amazes me something from 1948 is still around and being used.

The disc is a single row wing type (not sure what it is).

Let's see some more motocross track equipment!

Did you add the resistor, or did you go the 12V coil and points?

One of the best starting/running mods you can do for these old tractors is to convert them to 12V, then put in a 12V coil and electronic ignition from Pertronix. They spin up and light off so nice and clean, you'd swear it's new.

I have a 1950 Farmall I use on a regular basis (I farm and use it for snow plowing) and my father has a 1946 that he bought in 1962 and still works with to this day.

Mine:

CameraDump9-25-09041.jpg

072.jpg

why did someone delete my comment

I did, I cleaned up the thread and removed all the trash-talk.

those m's are great, this is my dad's 51, purchased new by my grandfather, I used it on my personal track many times, has a bucket and a few different plows

they split it this past year, the transmission bearings had so much slop it's amazing it did not destroy itself

585546764_Q2pHy-L.jpg

• 1 month later...

when i was growing up we had a massey furguson that looked just like that for...it was fun with the throttle on the column and the turn brakes...i learned the hard way it had a safety lock up when you went too fast...lets just say i spent a lot of hours paying off that boo boo