Beta electrics anyone?

Have just got an 07 400rr which seems great apart from the lights not working! Have visually checked and nothing seems loose but front/rear lights and brakelights do not work. All other electrics are fine, e.g horn and e/starter Any ideas guys?

Thanks in advance

check the regulator as well, if its fried, cracked, ect, you have to replace it,

an after market regulator wont work...trust me,,i tried.

Thats becuse the factory unit is a reg/rec.

check the yellow wire coming from the stator for ac power, when the bike is running. if you have it there, then check at the light switch. Typ when a reg/rec goes bad it will allow power to flow and blow your bulbs.

thanks for the info guys, i will test and let you know. I suppose I would have to get a replacement (if needed) from beta dealer as after market replacement of same spec would not be available, or does anybody else do them?

thanks again

I've had a few wiring problems with the betas.. just small stuff.

I've had two switches go bad.. little spring/brass connect breaks inside.

I'm switching to the highway dirtbike switches this week. as I can't get my dealer to send out an replacement switch.

swbrkt_d01b.jpg

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=perchswitches

I've also had wires break on the back side of the pin connectors. either from me not routing correctly or fatigue. I've just replaced the pin connectors with new ones.

don't think your stator would be bad but?????? you never now.

You can order new regulators/rectifiers from the thumpertalk store or from trailtech.net just get the KTM exc 2007 units.