Sign in to follow this  

Setting up my Eibach spring

I told Jesse that I weigh 215Lbs and needed a stiffer spring to support 30 Lb racks and metal panniers and some gear, he recommended the 8.1Kg eibach.

I set the sag with the panniers attached, and with the adjuster rings on the shock set almost all the way down i'm getting 3 3/4" of race sag (standing on the pegs) but then 2" of static sag as opposed to recommended 1" - 1.5" with no rider...

Am I supposed to be standing on the pegs? when I sit the race sag is over 4"

What numbers should I be shooting for?

Is it ok to run with a lot of preload like this?

Thx Nordie, I'll call him tomorrow.

He will also swap that out for you. I think you are like me and haven't been on a scale in full ride "costume". I don't even want to know what that scale says.

He will also swap that out for you. I think you are like me and haven't been on a scale in full ride "costume". I don't even want to know what that scale says.
lol! I don't know, I might just keep it, it's a huge improvement and it seems to be working great even at almost full preload with the panniers attached I'm able to lift the suspension 2 inches which to me seems better than having only an inch of static sag which would cause the back end to hop when topped out. Amazing how suspension transforms your bike, wasn't expecting this out of a DR650 at all 👍