Sign in to follow this  

Arizona What tracks open at SW on Sunday

My old, worn out, decreped self and my kids are going to Speed World in the morning (Sunday). Does anyone know if all the tracks are open there? We are mainly interested in the Vet track and the pee wee track. Thanks!

peedworld is pretty hard to beat....

SW is very very fun. But.... ET has WAY better dirt and is way more technical. FB is big fun but be prepared to spend LOTS of time in the air and the dirt is way better. GS is really fast and the elevation changes is not to be duplicated, go down and the speed will break your bones ha ha. ACP is gonzo with uphill triples and all that. Canyon is really fun really technical but there is something I do not like I can not put my finger on it strangely enough. I rode it a few times and really liked it but I preferred others for some reason I can not pinpoint.

I suppose it depends on what you want. They are all good. If you want bumps and ruts SW is not for you. If you want smooth and flowing and not overly dangerous SW is a great pick.

I would definitely say try all the tracks and do not get stuck in a "best" track rut. They are all good, none suck by any beans, Canyon, ET. GS, SW, FB, Motoland, ACP etc all good.

For me, despite my serious injuries there, GS is still my favorite. I just love the elevation changes man.

My boy has been doing ET a lot lately on his 85 and the work on that track with the dirt and the track changes are really incredible. He really likes it. A lot. When I get back to it it will be on my short list of regular tracks. It has REALLY been good the last 4 months.

In taking my own advice, we will be going to Motoland for the first time in 2 weeks. Got to try them all, riding them all makes you a better rider. Don't want my boy to be a one track wonder. 👍

Ok yes I agree fully, I tried GS and said "man this can't be beat" and then we tried SW yesterday and we all (my 9 year old daughter-PW80 and 12 year old son-YZ85) had a blast there! I am only driving past Canyon to ride because someone told me Canyon was no place for beginner motocross riders and we are just experienced trail riders not motocrossers and I don't want us to get in anyone's way or piss anyone off or kill ourselves so I avoided it. FB is just soooooooo far away from our house. I do want to try ACP too, that is kinda far also. I live by Happy Valley Rd and 67th ave.

ET has a pee wee track that is really fun. They also have a pit bike track that 85 riders seem to love. But that would be far for you too. Shame really be sue the main track is great. and the do mini bike splits. GS and SW do not. Well sometimes they will do one split. FB and ET do the every 1/2 hour.

For GS and SW, if your a mini on the main track with big bikes you better know what your doing as it gets dangerous fast.

Canyon just did some work on their mini tracks, I have not seen them yet.

We are at FB Saturday. My boy is on an 85, a lowered 85 since he is 10 yes old but he is meeting 2 other friends there. Come out that will make a gaggle of four 85cc bikes and FB does mini bike splits too. Mini bikes only no big bikes on the track. MUCH safer.

While we watch the kids I can explain my broken arm, ankle, femur and severed PCL. 👍

The drive is far but one in a while it is OK. For my drives:

ACP & Motoland are 85 miles away

SW and ET are 40 miles away

FB and Canyon is 30 miles away

GS is 12 miles away

GS did just get their new 65/85 track in. IMHO it's really nice. My 7 year old on a 50 thought it was a little too hard, mainly due to the sand, so it's probably perfect for it's intended use.

The main g-stone track is still my favorite, but I hate all the combinations of whoops/doubles they've been adding on the fast ridge. Other than that good fun. Could use a few more interesting turns.

Firebird is way too jumpy, but somehow I always end up having fun when I go on a Wed night. The turns are great.

I need to get back to ET to try the kwadless vet track. It used to be like riding jeep roads with jumps, this new dirt sounds interesting.

SW, Canyon and ACP are all just too far for me. If I'm driving that far I'd just as soon go to the MM's or Flag for good ST. Tracks are about convenience for me.

but I hate all the combinations of whoops/doubles they've been adding on the fast ridge.

That is where I broke my body. But I still love that section.

GS did just get their new 65/85 track in. IMHO it's really nice.

My 10 year old on an 85 thought it was fun in an off-road kind of way. Beginners on 65's and 85's would love it I am sure. For 50's they still have the pee we track. Pretty hard to beat that track for me at least and it is pretty off road rider friendly unlike canyon or FB. Ohh Geez imagine a DRZ or KDX at FB 👍

Tracks are about convenience for me.

I'll drive an hour for a track but won't go more than 20 for off road. If you live close to single track and close to trails you got the best of both.🤣

Hey Ebeck what do you tell your kid on the 85 to do about his feet coming off the pegs while in the air off a jump?? I told my son it is good to be relaxed but that might be a little excessive?? At all the indoor arenacross events I have been to I see all the pros feet off the pegs in the air off of those big jumps. I told him I am scared s*&%less off the jumps so my ankles are holding on to the frame pretty good, so I am not sure what to say to him. He is worried about getting the correct foot position for the next jump or turn, as they seem to come fast at the track. By "feet coming off the pegs" I mean they are drifting up a little, like toward the sideplates, not outward. Not sure how to instruct him on this.

Ok yes I agree fully, I tried GS and said "man this can't be beat" and then we tried SW yesterday and we all (my 9 year old daughter-PW80 and 12 year old son-YZ85) had a blast there! I am only driving past Canyon to ride because someone told me Canyon was no place for beginner motocross riders and we are just experienced trail riders not motocrossers and I don't want us to get in anyone's way or piss anyone off or kill ourselves so I avoided it. FB is just soooooooo far away from our house. I do want to try ACP too, that is kinda far also. I live by Happy Valley Rd and 67th ave.

Canyon has improved over the last couple of months. They have four track your kids can choose from, I guarantee they will love one of the tracks. Just try it once, next weekend April 18 kids pee wees are only 10.00 at canyon motocross.

Ok sounds good. Do they have a good vet style track? Also I should only be charged $10 those days since I am only as fast as the pee wee's.