Sign in to follow this  

..hey you Colorado futher muckers..

what range jetting do you suggest having in the "jetting bag" arsenal for riding in the Ouray-Silverton area this summer?

were basing out of Ouray this summer, and will be riding as many of the high elevation passes as we can in the area in a week..

i currently run a 170-180 main here in the desert and in baja, what have you found to be acceptable compromise jetting when running from 5,000 to 12,000 feet in the summer.

looking at the jetting thread it looks like you guys are running between 162 to 170 mains, and various needle settings. so it looks like right now, i'll be bringing my JD red and blue needle, and mains from 160-180, and i'll pop in the 165 main in Ouray..

..any advice or comments as to your experience?..

I wish I could remember what i'm running for a main jet, if memory serves me right I have a 165 or 168 main 48 pilot and stock needle in the 3rd clip.

Bryce

In Denver at 5700 feet, a 162 main jet dyno's at 13-1 A/F. At 9000, a 158. That's with an opened airbox and free flowing exhaust. Above 6,000 use red needle on 3rd clip.

Stage 1 cam, R exhaust, NCVS needle 3rd clip position, 45 pilot and 160 main for local mountains and Moab. 162 and 165 too was rich and plug was pretty dark last year after Ouray/Silverton/Taylor Park.

I think i have my jetting down pretty spot on after a year of tinkering...i used to be running a little rich also....

i run 5000-1000+ ft

45 pilot, 1 1/4 turns out, no more than 1-1/2, i used to run a 42 but its a little low when im down in the front range

162 main jet, imo this can be swapped for a 160 if your above 7000

NCVS needle, 3rd clip from top

55 leak jet for that uber snappy low end feel. i run a stage 1 and my bottom end is just stupid tractor power, great for that rocky mountain till aka sand and irregularly large rocks!

See you clowns out in the dirt! 👍

what range jetting do you suggest having in the "jetting bag" arsenal for riding in the Ouray-Silverton area this summer?

were basing out of Ouray this summer, and will be riding as many of the high elevation passes as we can in the area in a week...........

Have fun you 👍 (I'm just jealous!)

.... any night riding planned?🤣

Have fun you🤣 (I'm just jealous!)

.... any night riding planned?🤣

it's NEVER night when i ride.. 🙂

i bring the SUN with me ...🤣

👍🙂

so when are you coming to our hood?

should be out there right after the 4th of july weekend.. i wanna "try" and miss the crowds...

I keep forgetting that I had the Hot cams stage one in my old bike, and it seemed to require 1 size richer main. A 155 above 7,000 is perfect.