Sign in to follow this  

My rod holder

Was more complicated, but didnt turn out how I wanted, so I simplified it. Attaches to frame at the passenger footpeg mount. Just picked up an extra pin and cotter pin for it. Will hold my fly rod case, or slide my "adapter" in, and will hold any of my spinning rods too. Thumb screw on bottom to tighten down as well. Whatcha think?

holder.jpg

flyrod.jpg

spinning1.jpg

Pics aint that great, was just quick with my phone.

I usually carry a small telescopic in my camelback or a 2 piece surf caster bungied to the foot peg and grab handle.

i like it! be prepared to be copied... i have been carrying it in my backpack. The trout are biting good in eastern maine....

And if you catch any fish you can put them on a stringer and drag them home on the road..... auto de-scaler 👍

Might have to stop once about half way home and flip em over to get both sides done.🤣

I wanted something little more stable than just bungied down. And, I can still use my rack if I want for my waders, boots, lunch, etc. Ive done it in my large hydro pack before, as well as across the handlebars. This is more for having my pole with me while riding, vs riding down just to go fishing.

Unfortunately not...It started getting overly complicated for what it was, I had to tone it down some, lol. I was bout to go to my uncles and start machining parts out