Sign in to follow this  

Smart Performance

anyone have any bad experience with them? my friends are yelling at me that im throwing my money away and want me to go with factory connection. they say people on TT get new parts and rave and rave about them but they arent any good..... they also said sp is for slow and desert races lol. they say all smart performance is is just a hype about the oil. Is there something real and trust worhty before i spend 500$

you,ll spend more at factory connection for some pretty basic changes.i think smart performance is great.there fluid ,imo,can,t be beat.it lasts much longer than anything else i,ve tried.

Factory Connection and all the other companies are pretty big and mostly have a good reputation. But like anything else, depending on who you talk to, you will probably get a different answer every time. With Dave, you will get a suspension setup that works in a variety of areas and addresses many things the other companies don't touch upon. Just like any other place, make sure your accurate in your weight and what you are trying to change in regards to your suspension. I know both types of setups and know with Smart Performance, you do get a lot for your money. I have been using his setups for quite some time now.

The thing with Dave is that you can call or email him with any suspension issues, even if you didn't buy his stuff.

He has excellent customer support.

I've got 3 rides on my SP set-up and am very happy. All of my issues were addressed and other areas improved that I didn't know were a problem before. My buddy had his done somewhere else and has spent most of his time trying to get it working right. I bolted mine on and haven't touched it since. The race sag was even correct out of the box. Good price and support to go along with the much improved performance.

Your friends have no clue...Dave is the man!!! His work is top notch, and he will work with you long after to make sure your happy. Your $500 will go much further at Smart Performance then any other suspension company.

Edited by srmoye2678

I went with SP and have no regrets, great customer service and I can say it was an improvement. I have an 09 yz 125 did a revalve, dual taco and the oil for the forks. The most noticeable was on the flat hard slick turns and bottom resistance, that along was worth the money. Call him, you may have to leave a message but he will return your call, tell him what you have and what you would like to improve, he will work with you and get you started.

they say all smart performance is just a hype about the oil.
The fluid alone is very good stuff. My 06 KX450F revalved suspension used to sign off regularly after 25 ride hrs. I'm now at 28.5 hrs and both ends of the bike are working so well. So more riding and less spending. 👍

I assume some valving setups respond better than others with this fluid, so perhaps I got lucky. Without doubt I'm stoked.

With just the fluid and no valving changes, I'm able to go firmer on the fork comp, firmer on the shock HSC, faster on the shock rebound, and much faster on the fork rebound, and my bike is now consistently riding higher in the stroke, turning great, feeling ever so planted in turns, and soaks up some ugly big hits no probs. So much fun.

How many of your friends have tried Dave's suspension and therefore have an informed opinion? I've used many different companies and will say this - Dave's product is great and his customer service/post delivery support is even better. As for his product being only for slow and or desert riding, not a chance. Like MIllerman mentioned above, be upfront with your weight, skill and what you want to feel differently or don't like about your current set up and Dave will deliver. When it comes time to have more work done I won't even hesitate to go back to Dave.

I debated using smartperformance for a year, I have had Noleen, 650, Dicks, and WR1.

Smart performance was the best for me.

slow and desert races

That alone doesn't make sense.

I do not do fads, trends, hype, or bling. I have often considered opening a business dedicated to spoofing the zillions of largely useless gadgets that are built as not more than fishing lures for your wallet and calling it Black Feather Racing.

Having said that, I have the full SMART Performance treatment on both ends of both my bikes, and I couldn't be happier. The real test was my 19 year-old son, who has generally always hated me tinkering with his bike in any way, and usually dislikes everything I have done to the suspension. I set his up the same way, and he loves it. It also made him faster by a noticeable margin.

Dave has and can set up bikes for everything from pro level MX to WORCS racing, and is winning an ever wider range of fans the hard way. If you peruse the forum a bit, you'll find some of the more respected builders who use this site are among those using his ideas and products. I'll guaranty you that it ain't hype.