Sign in to follow this  

XR600R (94) stalling hard and backfire

Hello everyone!

This is my first post here, but I have been reading your posts for quite a while now.

I really need help with my 94 XR600R.

It was running quite well and suddenly started to die when I'm ridding and hammer down the throttle. It just dies for a few seconds and then returns and backfires really hard and dies again until I let it return to idle.

It runs OK at low rpm. It starts at first kick. After start it runs like a clock with smooth idle. When on side stand and engine running it runs really well even when I full throttle it, rarely backfires and never stalls, it only stalls after a few seconds when I ride, the first 2 or 3 times I accelerate it runs OK and after that it starts the BIG stalls.

I haven't touched anything and she just started doing this.

Please help me!!!

Is it a carb problem or a electric problem?

Thank you very much

Filipe Rocha

Hello everyone!

This is my first post here, but I have been reading your posts for quite a while now.

I really need help with my 94 XR600R.

It was running quite well and suddenly started to die when I'm ridding and hammer down the throttle. It just dies for a few seconds and then returns and backfires really hard and dies again until I let it return to idle.

It runs OK at low rpm. It starts at first kick. After start it runs like a clock with smooth idle. When on side stand and engine running it runs really well even when I full throttle it, rarely backfires and never stalls, it only stalls after a few seconds when I ride, the first 2 or 3 times I accelerate it runs OK and after that it starts the BIG stalls.

I haven't touched anything and she just started doing this.

Please help me!!!

Is it a carb problem or a electric problem?

Thank you very much

Filipe Rocha

You gotta start somewhere,check your valve adjustment first,,after that when it runs like crap check your fire with a plug stuck in the plug boot and grounded to the head,is the fire nice and strong/blue....or does it look weak..these bikes are bad for stators going bad and stall/no start after warmed up....lastly pull the carb and clean it really good ,pay particular attention to the jets and any passageways,let us know if you find anything...

B

OK!!!

It was the float in the carb!!!

The bike felt from its sidestand and after that fall for some reason the float got stuck open and the bike was complitly floaded whenever I full throtled.

Now it runs smooth again!

I hope theres no other bad surprises.

Thanks for your help.

Filipe Rocha