Sign in to follow this  

1985 CR 125R nikasil bore?

did these bikes have a nikasil bore? mine is in need of a rebuild but i want to know how much money its gonna cost to finish the job before i tear it down to find out it needs a 300$ bore and replate job. if so i think i might just pull the head and see what kinda shape the bore is in and go from there, if it only has minor scuffs i might just stuff a new pistion on and leave the cylinder alone

in 89' and after is when they startid using nikisil, so most likely no

Not True, My '86 CR250 has a Nikasil cylinder..I had it redone when I restored the bike......I have the Honda Service Manual, '86-'87 CR250 and it says Nikasil coating right in the Manual....

No yours is not a nikasil bore the first year for that on the CR 125 was 1987 model when it got the newer style motor that year the max bore limit is .80 over when you get to the .40 over size wiseco pistons start coming as daul ring setups also.

my 1986 cr80 had one. Not sure why a 125 wouldn't, maybe they didn't put one on it until 86 but I would be surprised to find out that the 80 had newer technology on it then a 125 or 250.

Cause honda had a new motor coming for 1987 basically the bike was nearly all new in 1987 the 1986 CR 125 which I had was nothing more then an updated version of the 1985.

The CR 80 got a newer motor design in 1986 so it got the new nikasil treatment I actually had the 1985 CR 80 with the ATAC system.

ok thanks for all the replies, i am kinda glad it doesnt have a nikasil bore now i can keep the money spending to a minimum 👍 does anyone know how the ATAC system works? i know it has a little cannister thing with a valve of some sort in it, i took the cannister off once in an attempt to get my bike to run better when i first bought it, someone had stuffed some steel wool in the expansion chamber in a effort to quiet the bike down, anyways thats just what i saw when i took it off, i have been told it was an early type of power valve? and how do i know if it works? the bike seems to have ran really strong before it needed this rebuild