Sign in to follow this  

Adding Stock Brake Light to Baja Designs LED

Sorry buddy, I forgot to mention that I never got around to hooking that up as well. The reason it doesn't work is because it's still plugged into the stock AC regulator and that is no longer being used with the Baja kit. I didn't hook it up becaues I didn't want to rob any more power from the meager stock stator. I was planning to do it after I put the l.e.d. signals on, but completely forgot about it. I would think you should be able to tap into the power wire from the brake light. I can't remeber how many wires are running to the Baja tail/brake light, but you should be able to use a volt meter and find the hot wire for the brake light easy enough. I don't know if it would be that easy for sure, but that's the first thing I was going to try.

I hope you're enjoying it!

I just checked through some of the pdf's I had downloaded from Baja's site awhile back. It looks like the hot wire for the Baja brake light is blue and the ground is black. You should be able to tap into those two with the wires coming from the stock light and have a second brake light.

I'm attaching the schematics for the Baja kit so you can see what I'm talking about.

Joey

👍

Baja Designs Schematic.pdf