Sign in to follow this  

2010 kxf 250 engine oil help

Hi in the manual it says to put in 850 ml of engine oil,,Ino some on here have said to put in 1000ml,,A few mates have told me they put in as much as 1250 ml ?

So now im confused, 👍

at the moment im putting in 900 ml iv always added 50 ml more than the manual says on my bikes,

What would use recomend ?

Some people get clutch problems sooner with the recommended stock level.

The general consensus has been to always fill exactly 1 liter when changing oil.

I have done it for over 50 hours and all is good.

Hi in the manual it says to put in 850 ml of engine oil,,Ino some on here have said to put in 1000ml,,A few mates have told me they put in as much as 1250 ml ?

So now im confused, 👍

at the moment im putting in 900 ml iv always added 50 ml more than the manual says on my bikes,

What would use recomend ?

Guys, the 2010 models are running a smaller semi-dry sump with forced lubrication and don't require as much oil. I own a 2010 and made the mistake of adding 1.2 liters of oil...guess what it started overheating and spewing oil from the overfill tube.

LAkxf250: I recommend you fill to the top line of the sight glass. This should put you close to the 850ml mark recommended in the manual.

RJM

Guys, the 2010 models are running a smaller semi-dry sump with forced lubrication and don't require as much oil. I own a 2010 and made the mistake of adding 1.2 liters of oil...guess what it started overheating and spewing oil from the overfill tube.

LAkxf250: I recommend you fill to the top line of the sight glass. This should put you close to the 850ml mark recommended in the manual.

RJM

You seem to think that the -10 is the first year with the new engine, but fyi the 09 had the new engine with less oil too.

And measuring the amount is far better than just looking at the glass.

In late 08 some people had clutch problems when they used the amount that Kawi specified.

In testing it was discovered that the clutch was better lubed with a little more oil. It did not hinder performance. It did not overflow.

I myself did the cautious thing and ran 1.0 liter in my bike. It now has 55 hours on it, all without problems.

ok..well since i posted this i have run 1000ml and have had no problem,no overflow,thats prob approx ..10 hours on the bike doin that now.

've got 114 hours on my 09 running 950ml of oil with no issues, i had clutch chatter issues with 850.