Sign in to follow this  

quick noob question

hi, im getting a 05 kdx200 in a couple hours, i have just enough time to run to walmart and grab some premix, then i can ride tomorrow.

what ratio (woods/trails for about 3 hours) do i get? and for one tankful can i just use weedeater oil or whatever wally world has? also should i run premium fuel or just regular unleaded?

thanx for the help i just dont have time to research it i gotta get the trailer ready and go meet the guy and go get some oil/gas. i have plugs covered.

Use Premium and go to an auto parts store for motorcycle 2-stroke oil. Don't use outboard motor oil. Mix it at 32:1 ratio.

Dump the old gas. Turn on the petcock and tip the bike over and let the carb pee out all the old fuel still in the bowl before refueling with the fresh fuel / oil mix.

Check the engine oil while you are at it. Drain and refill with Rotella 30wt with 1 full quart. It will read high in the site glass, but that's o.k., even a good thing with a KDX.

That should get you by.

thanx for the info. been wanting a kdx for a long time i cant wait. this one should be nice. its going to be quite interesting to hit the same nasty trails i chug through on my armored 340 lb drz400 on my first ever 2stroke 👍

kdx.jpg

i just got my 1st ride today on my new 06 kx250 after 6 years on a drz400s.holy crap the difference is night and day.i can tell ya you wont be disappointed.

When we bought my son a KDX 220 last fall, I took it for a spin around the back yard, over a few small jumps and down the field road. I put my XR650R on Craigslist the following week and got a KDX for myself. The fun factor on this bike is incredible. I hadn't had a two stroke since I was in high school (about 27 years ago) and boy did I miss it.

Let us know how you like it!

Winkel