Sign in to follow this  

stock 2008 crf 450 r

does anyone have some cheap easy mods for my crf 450r! I mainly ride offroad single track and like the bike but have read that a one size smaller sprocket and some different jetting would help. Also i have tore the hell out of the stock tire i have liked bridgestone in the past is there a better chioce. What about chain choice i heard that an o ring but only if you add a spacer to the front sprocket but i also heard that a non o ring racing chain strtches just as little and lighter.

Where in B.C are you? In the fraser Valley Myself and a couple riding buddys use a 53t rear sprocket for the tight trails and if you want some more top end for track days just put a 14t front back on. Best mod I have done is buy far a flywheel weight! I use a +13oz on my 04 but you may want to find out what the stock weight is for your 08? I would recommend A jdjet kit for your elevation? It is probably a little lean right now. We use Oring chains because they last much longer and dont stretch very much. DID or Any good quaility gold chain. Not sure about the spacer for the front sprocket? I just flipped mine over without any issues. Hope this helps some?? Oh Bark busters/Skid plate/Rad guards!

Narrow sealed chains, like the DID520VT2, don't need a countershaft sprocket shim. There's no good reason to off-set the chain line when narrow sealed chains are available. Go to a steel 50T rear sprocket for single track. Tires are all about the type of dirt you ride and how long you want them to last. Generally, long lasting tires don't offer the best grip.