Sign in to follow this  

Colorado mx around rangely

Well my girlfriend will be going to CNCC for the next 2 years, and i'll be moving p with her after i grad next fall. What is the mx track scene like up there? I know there is Craig, and Grand Junction isn't far, but no idea about other tracks.

Well my girlfriend will be going to CNCC for the next 2 years, and i'll be moving p with her after i grad next fall. What is the mx track scene like up there? I know there is Craig, and Grand Junction isn't far, but no idea about other tracks.

I see dental hygene in her future. Am I right?

You get to be so close to everything up there....Just kidding. There is a lot of riding, but nothing official. Good luck up there. Not much to do otherwise.

Regards,

Thomas

As RRR said. When my ex was going to cncc back in the late 80's I took my bike up there a few times. Found no tracks but there was some pretty good open riding just west of Rangely. Don't know how it is now as that was 20 years ago. Have fun.

Yea shes in the dental hygiene program - real excited for her - was hoping she'd pick CCD, but after seeing them both with her, CNCC blows it away so its best for her. plus an hour to walmart can't be bad?

But when I was up there the oil fields to the west looked rideable - not sure about being legal or not, and lots of unmarked dirt roads - not sure if its legal to ride on or 4 wheel or what.

What did you guys do up there when she was in school?

If you head south on Dragon Trail road I would be willing to bet that there is some good rideable trails. Aces High, or Magdalinos are good places to eat. Nothing fancy, but good. And of course, the Rangely police can be a pain in the ass. Make sure you are on the nose in regards to your speed. They don't mess around. They pull you over for anything up there. There are some good people that live up there, and some crazy characters too. Have fun.

Regards,

Thomas

Yea shes in the dental hygiene program - real excited for her - was hoping she'd pick CCD, but after seeing them both with her, CNCC blows it away so its best for her. plus an hour to walmart can't be bad?

But when I was up there the oil fields to the west looked rideable - not sure about being legal or not, and lots of unmarked dirt roads - not sure if its legal to ride on or 4 wheel or what.

What did you guys do up there when she was in school?

I know when my ex went there they were conisidered one of the top Hygiene programs in the country so she probably made a good choice. I would make the drive up once or twice a month to visit her and we would usually end up going into Vernal for a day to get out of Rangely. Is Rangely still a one light town? Spent quite a few nights at the Aces High...man I had forgotten about that place. I would do some asking around about what's rideable and areas to ride. Be ready to be a guinne pig. I know when she wanted me to come up that part of it was she needed people to practice on...THE SHOTS WERE THE WORST! Good luck and keep us posted as to how the riding is.

I know when my ex went there they were conisidered one of the top Hygiene programs in the country so she probably made a good choice. I would make the drive up once or twice a month to visit her and we would usually end up going into Vernal for a day to get out of Rangely. Is Rangely still a one light town? Spent quite a few nights at the Aces High...man I had forgotten about that place. I would do some asking around about what's rideable and areas to ride. Be ready to be a guinne pig. I know when she wanted me to come up that part of it was she needed people to practice on...THE SHOTS WERE THE WORST! Good luck and keep us posted as to how the riding is.

Yea its a nice school, all new stuff to which will be good, shes already got jobs lined up= just needs that piece of paper.

As for the town, still only 1 light -barely lol, altho they are opening up a family dollar across from the bar - i think that was Aces High?

When we go up again ill have to ask, as they said its all BLM land, which I know is a bit dicey on legal issues.

Might have to get a few guys from around here after I figure it out to head up, meet up after spending a day with her while shes in class.