What's the deal w/ the Quad Jump at Houston

Racer X reported that Reed convincec the track crew, after practice, to remove the quad and they obviously did. W T F is that about? ?

MAX!!!

Edited by 06yz

Yea, too bad. The racers should have 0 input on the track design/layout. If they feel something is too dangerous/sketchy then don't hit it. It only makes the racing more interesting when some hit obsticals that others won't, espicially the top guys.

MAX!!!

On racerx they wrote that other riders didn't like it, then went on to name Reed as voicing his concerns. It is only natural that they would listen to a seasoned veteran regarding something like this. Like him or hate him he does know if something is unsafe on a SX track.

On racerx they wrote that other riders didn't like it, then went on to name Reed as voicing his concerns. It is only natural that they would listen to a seasoned veteran regarding something like this. Like him or hate him he does know if something is unsafe on a SX track.

Yea, I get that. My point is if some rider don't like it they should triple/single and if others are quading, that's what seperates the men from the boys.

MAX!!!

• Like 1

Yea, I get that. My point is if some rider don't like it they should triple/single and if others are quading, that's what seperates the men from the boys.

MAX!!!

Yeah I see what you're saying that would make sense but I never been in thier shoes on that level.

i mean it is like any other track. at our local tracks if we don't like something we have to deal with it. we either have to nut up and hit it or stand down and not do it. they don't go and take it out for us. that is how it should be on any level.

I listened to all the Thor riders during interviews with PU. Pourcel even said it was better to make it a triple. If you watched some of the 250's in qualifying you could tell even as a triple they were really sketchy. The obsticle before it took alot of speed away from the run up.

i mean it is like any other track. at our local tracks if we don't like something we have to deal with it. we either have to nut up and hit it or stand down and not do it. they don't go and take it out for us. that is how it should be on any level.

I don't think a local track compares to a one off supercross track. Just not the same thing. Still though during the years local tracks are constantly changing sometimes better sometimes not.

Just my two pennies on the whole 'separate the men from the boys'

If everyone starts getting hurt on a jump/section at a local track what do they do? Pretty sure they change it. A lot of places will not allow C riders to hit big doubles.

There also is a big difference between hitting a jump and clearing it and racing, jumping it every lap. Track gets worse and worse that jump becomes more and more iffy.

It's a saftey thing. I rather see them take it out then have a lot of riders end up with broken ankles ...or worse, the next week.

They are all professional riders and extremly good. If they say something is sketchy and dangerous, that says a lot. A lot of these riders try some pretty crazy lines/jumps and say oh thats easy, but in my eyes its sketchy and to dangerous for me.

This isn't the local track and the popular kid(s) saying that jump is way to sketchy you should take it out.

I wasnt even aware there was a quad. Where was it? Was it added to the big triple. In reality the triple was not as big as they were making it to be. 80ish feet... Ive seen jumps at local tracks that big but it was that stupid single bump they had to get over to safely hit the triple that was the killer. I saw a lot of guys on the lites goofing that section and still hitting the triple. If it was any longer they would of ate sh**. Although if it was any longer they probably would have tried a little better to make the section cleanly.

I wasnt even aware there was a quad. Where was it? Was it added to the big triple. In reality the triple was not as big as they were making it to be. 80ish feet... Ive seen jumps at local tracks that big but it was that stupid single bump they had to get over to safely hit the triple that was the killer. I saw a lot of guys on the lites goofing that section and still hitting the triple. If it was any longer they would of ate sh**. Although if it was any longer they probably would have tried a little better to make the section cleanly.

The big triple was originally a quad, they changed it after riders spoke up.