Sign in to follow this  

kx 125 body with kx 250 motor?

I have a 93 125 with a recently blown motor, however I found a kx250 motor for a decent price. However is it even possible to do this? If it is what year motors will fit the body.

never mind after searching i see this topic has been covered

Your better off to go for a new bike, I get all my bikes on craigslist and if your at 93 u can probably pick up a newer bike for 700 or 600 bucks,the 250 motor though i would think might be to much for the suspention plus to get it to fit you have to check the year and model,almost to much trouble in my mind.

Your better off to go for a new bike, I get all my bikes on craigslist and if your at 93 u can probably pick up a newer bike for 700 or 600 bucks,the 250 motor though i would think might be to much for the suspention plus to get it to fit you have to check the year and model,almost to much trouble in my mind.

suspension is the same

the 125 motor cradle is smaller, the 250 wouldn't fit without hacking and welding, and im sure the mounts are off as well

In general, I say it is more work than it is worth.

Try to find another engine, rebuild what you have or buy another bike, depending on what you are hoping to achieve.