Sign in to follow this  

Rode yz250 for 1st time and have some questions on models

Hay guys i rode a 2006 yz250 today, and man were you guys right, that bike will smoke a 250f, but im not saying the 250fs are slow, but man i loved this bike. This bike stood straight up in 4th gear like nothing!!!! I wasnt even onthe pipe when it did that, also noticed the torque was somewhat simular to a 450.

But some questions for ya guys:

Iv been lookin at some 2000 to 2004 models. How do those differ from that 06? Will they still stand up like the 06 did? Also only thing i know is that the 06 has an aluminium frame. But could i still go big ( jumping)with the steel frame models? Whats really the difference between the steel frame models and the aluminium? I mean were there ANY motor changes?

Would i have a problem if i get the steel frame model? Also what years would you guys look into?

Thanks guys! Im really loving the two strokes, and im a four stroke guy and i ride a ttr125, but i think im going 2 STROKE!!!!

KEEP EM ALIVE!!!

One more thing if i get the older models can i find parts for them and how long do you guys think they are still gona make em?

thanks!!

god bless

Edited by rcdude33

I would get at least a 02 or newer since they have the newer plastics design and have more graphiscs options. But if you can i would get the 06 and up. Much better suspention. As for the motor they realy did not change much from 03 and up. I have a 01 yz250 and 06 yz250 and the 06 blows the 01 away in the suspention depart ment and i think has a smoother power range then the 01.