jay map

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Sticky in the top of the forum, plug in the numbers into one of the 9 maps on the tuner and then upload it to the bike. There are timing and fuel adjustments for the marmot map.

I used it all of last season and it just hauled ass, I really liked it.

Recently I bought a power commander and since then I have used the dyno jet maps for the bike and left the tuner at 0's for timing and fuel.

Bike hauls just as fast as it did with the marmot map, I'm really curious to see how it runs when I run the marmot timing with the dyno jet fuel map!!!! Only a month or so away from riding, time will tell!

I have the stock exhaust as well and ran this map all day yesterday and really liked how it felt, overall improvement over stock, bike just ran really well. I also put a larger rear sprocket on which made things a lot nicer too, and changed the front tire.

I run 13/50, have a Yosh slip on and tried a bunch of different maps, including the Jay Marmont map. I ended up going back to the stock map. To me, it just seems as though this pipe was built with the stock map in mind (pretty sure that is EXACTLY how it was built). There is no question to me that it runs better stock. I never tried any other maps with the stock pipe however, so I am sure that makes a difference.

I struggled with this bike when I first got it. Coming off of my well worn '08, this thing needed a little massaging. I immediately changed gearing to what I was running before (13/50), increased the sag a bit to about 110mm and then threw on the Yosh. Once my 280mm front rotor arrives and I can get this beast stopped a little easier, I will have what I consider to be the perfect set up. For now anyway... ?

I don't get how people have problems with the front brake. I mean I touch the thing and I am up over the front and back tire is off the ground, I wouldn't want any more stopping power.

No real problems, just wish it worked a little better. I was able to get my '08 stopped a little easier. What bike are you comparing your '10 to?