Sign in to follow this  

WR250R Fuel Blip at beginning of acceleration??

My WR250R effectively gets a Small burst of fuel just has you begin to accelerat. In other words, the power does not come on evenly. I've read some previous threads discussing this phenomenom and whether or not a fuel programmer would correct this. I never was able to determine if the fuel programmer like a FMF solved the issue. Does anyone have any experience in regard to this and how to solve my problem? This is very annoying and a bit dangerous in the woods or other tight places. It act like there is an initial bust of fuel being delivered and then it drops down and begins to accelerate smoothly. It just the blip at the beginning that is the problem.

Thats pretty typical of EFI equipped bikes. Its not so much that its getting a big burst of fuel as it is that the fuel system is more responsive than a carb. The WRR definately has a big on/off type feeling right off idle, Ive done the pipe/airbox mod and the PCV and while it hasnt totally gone away it certianly alot better.

It helps a little but doesn't fix it. The problem is related to the throttle body being a circle, where as a carb has a slide and different properties.

To fix the problem it would need a different TB

If you don't already have a fuel programmer, get one.

Period.

The bike runs and behaves better because the FI settings of the stock bike are EPA-friendly, not rider-friendly.

Thanks for your input on the programmer.

How do you feel about going to a FMF exhaust? Do these things actually do anything for you to justify the $300 expense?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!!

Do you have another bike?

With a programmer and pipe and the airbox opened up there is a difference but if I were to do it again I would leave it stock. There is a difference but its not going to grasp you by the balls and you sort of forget about the gain anyhow. If its your only bike and pride and joy it might be worth it

I feel just the opposite.

Myself, I felt my stock WR-250R was pitifully weak and overgeared.

This is what those EPA regulations can do for your new bike.

As soon as I pulled into the garage after my first ride, I logged onto this forum and WR250Rforum with a big frown on my face, looking to find out what riders were doing to these bikes to uncork them.

With the lower gearing, FMF Power Programmer, FMF exhaust, AIS removed, and airbox flapper eliminated, the bike runs very well. 👍

I have the same mods as YZEtc, plus I've opened up the bottom of my airbox. I still have the stock gearing but I've just ordered new sprockets in 13/45 so that's fixing to change too. I have noticed a definite improvement in ridability and performance and have said many times that a programmer should be standard issue.

Sarah

My brand new wrr has the same "blip" when first opening the throttle. It is annoying, and like you i hope the standard mods will help this out.

I need to get on these mods soon! 👍

Way cool I have been around bikes a loooooong time.I have heard of a quick throttle and a slow one as well .I have never seen or heard of one of these.

THX

Did you put the power bom on as well ? I am trying to find out what comes first . Power conandor or power bom. Its kinda a chicken or an egg. I am sure I will end up with both.

I feel just the opposite.

Myself, I felt my stock WR-250R was pitifully weak and overgeared.

This is what those EPA regulations can do for your new bike.

As soon as I pulled into the garage after my first ride, I logged onto this forum and WR250Rforum with a big frown on my face, looking to find out what riders were doing to these bikes to uncork them.

With the lower gearing, FMF Power Programmer, FMF exhaust, AIS removed, and airbox flapper eliminated, the bike runs very well. 🤣

+10:thumbsup:

I went with the 12T instead of the rear, way cheaper. I don't have that 'blip' with my throttle..I hit it and the bike takes off.👍

I have not noticed a throttle blip before or after I modified my 2009 WR250R, with the following: FMF Q4 and mega-bomb header pipe with the FMF programmer, Graves EXUP eliminator, a modified air box & cover with a UNI filter, and a Renthal 45 tooth rear sprocket.