Sign in to follow this  

Washington Hello

Hi I just joined the forums. I just moved to Seattle a month ago from Oklahoma, and I just bought an xr650r yesterday. Just wondering if anyones near and knows if there is a way I can tag it and if any good trails are close.

WOW....you will find out real quick that a 650 is waaay too much bike for most trails around here. i will have a guy I ride with ( Roger) send you a pm on here . he moved here from OK a couple years ago too...

Joe

Welcome to the PNW and the left coast of the USA, more riding variety than almost anywhere else in the US. Check the title or registration on the bike, if it says ORV in the upper left corner you won't get a plate.

Yeah it does. But I have been reading that Oklahoma is pretty relaxed on it and I just have to show reciepts for all the necessary street legal things to get them to tag it there so I am going to try that. I will send everything to my family back home to see if it will work, especially since I want to keep all my tags OK tags until I know I will be here for awhile. And I have only heard about how wonderful the trails are out here and that alone made me break down and get the XR but I still havent had it out yet. And as for being waaay too much bike for out here, I'm 6'6 so I fit it just perfect and can throw it around good.

Welcome to the PNW and have fun out there. Enjoy the BRP, been there and done that. 👍🤣

I'm 6'2" and had two XRRs. They're great but massive for our trails here. Also, if you do get it plated stay off the street with it. Jealous/Evil/Mean/Jerkoff LEOs may call in your plate number and then you get a revocation notice from Olympia. Just use it as a plated dirt bike (connect trails via FS roads).