Sign in to follow this  

Wide Band for DRZ???

I was searching around the forums but couldn't find too much on wide band setups. I believe I would have to drill a hole and mount a O2 sensor in my head pipe, I heard 3 or 4 wire O2 sensors are the best. Anyone here have experience with this and if so what would be the best Wide Band and O2 combo?

Only one I really found was Dynojet Wide Band Commander 2, what wire would I hook it up to get RPM? and how far down the head pipe do I mount the O2 sensor?

Thanks in advance!

I was searching around the forums but couldn't find too much on wide band setups. I believe I would have to drill a hole and mount a O2 sensor in my head pipe, I heard 3 or 4 wire O2 sensors are the best. Anyone here have experience with this and if so what would be the best Wide Band and O2 combo?

Only one I really found was Dynojet Wide Band Commander 2, what wire would I hook it up to get RPM? and how far down the head pipe do I mount the O2 sensor?

Thanks in advance!

Innovate Motorsports has a decent wideband setup. And your not looking for o2 sensors, your looking for wideband sensors. There is a huge difference so don't worry about 3 wire vs 4 wire, just focus on widebands, in particular the Bosch LSU 4.2 sensor. If your a big DIY'er, 14point7.com has some really cool options for not a lot of money..

• Like 1

well ware should I start ---- I use a WBo2 in my 300HP turboed satrn

1st -- all WBo2 sencers are 5 wire and need a small computer to run them this is why the WBo2 gauge are over $200 most of the time

with out that little computer in the guage the WBo2 sencer is sell is worthless

2nd yes you would need to have a o2 "bun" welded onto your exhoust --- it needs to be 8 inch or so away from the head

I guess you could use that even thow I see no reazon why you would need it

Eddie can tell you what you need for the rite jetting

now if I was to turbo a DRZ400 O yes thew furst thing I would get is a WBo2

i don't see a point to an o2 in a carb bike. Its not like your going to be able to adjust on the fly like with a pc5

you use the data to make jetting adjustments.

I want data logging also, I know I really dont need it, but I would like to dial in the bike as much as I can and I would love to see exactly what it is doing.

Before you commit, review the Dynpjet setup too. Having a logger is great.

The expense of the Innovate when you add on the bits and peices gets up there. Just saying do a little compairson shopping. I d/l data to a lap top and analyze it there. so no need to for a fancy read out. Plus with the raw data, I can make my own charts and the like.

Very true... I dont need anything that shows real time data, just something I can throw on the laptop to see whats going on. Still a bit confusing which setup to go with though, I will call Innovate tomorrow to see what best fits what I need to do.

you use the data to make jetting adjustments.

Since there is not ram air effect on the drz i wouldn't see there being any change at speed in the jetting. Seems like a dyno would turn the same results.

PLX WBo2? who is that from? I did not see that on their site... too many choices, I just want something that works good and accurate that I can hook up to my laptop after a ride and see the results.

Since there is not ram air effect on the drz i wouldn't see there being any change at speed in the jetting. Seems like a dyno would turn the same results.

you are missing the point completely.

yes,dyno tuning results in the same thing.

data logging with a wideband is for guys that dont have acess to a dyno or that dont care about power out put number.

they want to do it themselves.

• Like 1

iowaBClivewire thanks for the info, not a bad price at $199.

Looking at it more the Kiwi Wifi + iMFD looks pretty cool, can send the info right to my iphone, still trying to figure this out. So when this thing is hooked up, do I do a few runs and then turn it off? then look at the data? or do I ride all day and leave it on?

Edited by Entensity