Sign in to follow this  

"world" 2 stroke MX championship GlenHelen

This is actually a BIG win for Husqvarna! Great job Bobby Garrison and kudos to Cory Graffunder for winning the Endurocross event, both of which were held at Glen Helen. It appears that over the weekend Husqvarna made it a clean sweep! I am so glad that the factory sent their riders to compete and win both events.

- Bono

Funny how people call the WR old tech as if it isn't competetive any more. It was also interesting to see 3 Honda's in the top 10. Another two stroke that is suppose to be inferior.

Hey thats some good news for Husky. Thanks for posting it up.

That's really cool... is that the Pro Circuit bike or the Ty Davis bike?

Both,, its the ZipTy racing team 300 with all the Ty chassis mods and I do 99% believe its the one with the PC motor/pipe.

I posted this in the 2stroke forum before I realized you posted it here. Good stuff. 👍

Holy smokes can you believe it and the chain is even on the wrong side of the bike, go HUSKY (Garrison)

These are bad a$$ engines \ bikes, yesterday, today, tomorrow and well into the future ... Go ahead and kill em off 👍

I was reading a thread on a 300WR which is probably a bored out 250 but maybe not ... Not sure if you can get 50 more CCs from that cylinder but will be very similar anyway .... But it had some head work done and a couple other things and it was pushing ~51 horses shown off a dyno sheet with a curve that was very sweet ...

The owner of the bike said he eats 450s all day long n drag races ...

PS - Head + timing mod + new jetting.

These are bad a$$ engines \ bikes, yesterday, today, tomorrow and well into the future ... Go ahead and kill em off 👍

I was reading a thread on a 300WR which is probably a bored out 250 but maybe not ... Not sure if you can get 50 more CCs from that cylinder but will be very similar anyway .... But it had some head work done and a couple other things and it was pushing ~51 horses shown off a dyno sheet with a curve that was very sweet ...

The owner of the bike said he eats 450s all day long n drag races ...

Why would you think Husqvarna is going to kill off the 2-stroke?

As far as more cc's Husqvarna produced a 360cc from 1992 through 2004 with that same engine.... truth is the WR300 motor is just a much better engine for off-road use anyway... just like the 2t KTM300 engine is much better engine than the old 2t KTM350 engine

Anyway Husqvarna has a bunch of new 2 stroke stuff in the pipeline and you're going to start seeing it in 2012.

Only thing holding things up is worldwide economy.

Why would you think they're going to kill off the 2-stroke?

And yes that motor was produced as a 360 from 1992 through 2004.

As far as new 2 stroke product goes 2012 is going to be the big year.

I was talking about this specific engine .... not all 2-strokes ....

Is bmw gonna allow this motor to exist in 2012? 2013? 2014? ....

And yes, if it will be replaced, we already know what ever they have to replace it with, will be the greatest, newest , bestest everest ever 2 B ever and ever 👍

Why don't we all just bragg on BG ... He along with a few others are single handedly carrying the flag ...

I need a number for my bike .... think it will be 928 in his honor🤣

I was talking about this specific engine .... not all 2-strokes ....

Is bmw gonna allow this motor to exist in 2012? 2013? 2014?

From people in Italy who have been around Husqvarna for a very long time....

The relationship with BMW has been a blessing for most everyone at Husqvarna, because back in the Cagiva days you didn't know if the factory was going to be in business from one month to the other and with BMW there's plenty of money and resources for product development... no one's worried anymore and there's a ton of really cool Husqvarna designed products coming down the pipeline.

As far as that motor goes... two things are going to happen... one is that motor could stick around for a few more years with some modifications or two, it's going to be replaced by the new 2t replacement motor.

Timing and the economy are the only things holding it back.

JustSayen

"world" 2 stroke MX championship GlenHelen"

Is there a round in the UK? HaHa

Edited by aethelred