85' 2fiddy r ?'s....

got my box case 250r back together and running it's an 85' dual carb model and i have a few ?'s

good source for rocker arms they are worn and the top end is loud and I want to replace them

front and rear wheel bearings.... all balls?

hose on right side carb at the same level as hose on left side car that attaches to the petcock wher does it go? what does it do?

oil cooler ??? dang that thing seems hot

thanks for any and all advice and by the way this bike is a hoot to ride the dual carbs are awesome it handles faster then my 91 280 with with usd conversion

Robert

hi there i also have an 85 XR250!!!

all balls wheel bearings are the way to go and i dont have a hose on the right hand side but i know that they go down the frame on the right hand side in the little metal clips on the inside of the frame rail. they are breather/ overflow (bassicly flooding protection) hoses.

if you have the money and experiance i would put the oil cooler on apparently its quite easy to do though. my bike also runs hot but its normal for these bikes as they are twin carb.?

hope this helps!!!!?

Front and rear wheel bearings; just go to a industrial bearing shop and buy standard metric sealed bearings, anywhere from $2-6 each. With the sealed bearing you can forget about the lube and mainteneance stuff in the manual.

You do need a special spanner to remove the bearing retainer in the rear wheel, Motion Pro #08-0227 ($18).

The front wheel bearings are #6202 (15x35mm).

The rear wheel bearings are #6303 (17x47mm).

Front and rear wheel bearings; just go to a industrial bearing shop and buy standard metric sealed bearings, anywhere from $2-6 each. With the sealed bearing you can forget about the lube and mainteneance stuff in the manual.

You do need a special spanner to remove the bearing retainer in the rear wheel, Motion Pro #08-0227 ($18).

The front wheel bearings are #6202 (15x35mm).

The rear wheel bearings are #6303 (17x47mm).

What Chuck said. Cheaper, easier and probably better quality bearings. Any hose on these carbs except the fuel inlet line are all vents. They should all go down behind the engine. Most let fuel drain out of the carb after a fall. Many people have had trouble with heat on 84/85 XR200/250s. I've had 3 with no problems at all. They are likely good candidates for synthetic oil and heavier clutch springs.

All balls are good bearings and you will need that bearing retainer tool that chuck mentioned for one of the rear hub bearings (I think it's the left side). The retainer can be a real bitch and I'm not sure if the threads are normal or reverse threads, the manual for my 500 does not indicate either way.

There should be 2 drain/overflow tubes and 1 vent tube coming downward from the dual-carb assembly. The drain/overflow tubes attach to the bottom of the bowls -- they connect to a metal tube inside the bowl that goes up just above the fuel/float level so they aren't just draining from the bottom of the bowl but they will release any excess fuel in case of a tip-over, or if there is a problem with the float adjustment or needle valve. Drain screws are also incorporated into this passage for when you need to drain the bowls of fuel. So they are dual-purpose drain/overflow tubes, one from each bowl. The vent tube comes off the side somewhere. Hope this helps you.