Sign in to follow this  

Arizona Saw a big crash at Speedworld, kinda depressing..

I was following (for a sec) this dude on a brand new looking KTM that crashed like crazy in front of me on the "International" track. His ankle was killin him, I sure hope he is ok, I hate to see people get hurt. I did the same thing that he did once and went to the doctor cause my ankle was as big around as a basketball and he said nothing is wrong, go to work!!! I was wantin some disablity checks for my old a$$ and couldn't even get that...

Injuries are all over the place if you look for them and they can be depressing. Especially when it is you. The trick is to get past them and to look past them at all the good things that are part of the sport.

The only thing you can control is the things you can control. Can't prevent or control motor seizures or chain breaks and so on that can cause serious crashes. Sometimes we get caught up in all the fun we forget how dangerous the sport is. It is an extreme sport.

3 things, be prepared, do not ride over your head and make sure your suspension is absolutely perfect before you try and go too fast or jump too much.

Going to Firebird with my boy on sat. Come along.