Sign in to follow this  

Hitting Rev Limiter?????

So i went from a 19mm carb to a china 22mm mikuni thinking I may be able to get a little more power out of my 108cc big bore. The carb has 95mj and 15pj. The issue im having is when you chop the throttle it almost dies. Thinking i need a bigger pilot jet. The big issue is in high rpm it almost feels like im hitting the rev limiter which i know im not. It cuts in and out and in and out. Im not sure if the 22mm is just too much. Kinda at a loss. Been searching for answers everywhere but cant seem to get anywhere. Can someone please help.

Try a #100 main jet and a #17.5 pilot jet, that seems to be a baseline setting to start from with the 22mm Mikuni-clone carb.

I was thinking it was too rich but haven't messed with it that much. If it's cutting out that bad at high rpm should I start with a 100 and maybe pick up a few different ones as well?

I'd pick up a #90 and #100 main jets, and maybe the #17.5 and the #20 main jets, just so you have some options to try out for your area/elevation.

Ok I'll do that. I'll update on how it goes. Def getting the a/f easy adjuster screw as well. That's such a dumb place to put that thing. Thanks for the help