Sign in to follow this  

07 rm125?

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about the RM125... Im going to look at one next weekend and want to know if there is stuff to look out for?

I know that the mx world is mega biased on brand 👍 haha.. but i do believe when looking for a second hand bike the best condition for the cheapest price is the way to go.

So what can you tell me about a rm125?

Thanks heaps!

A lot of the mags said it was better suited to a lighter or slower rider or a begining rider. In 2007 the yz won the shootout the rm finished 2nd.

cool then the rm will be good for u. U might have a little trouble with the pwerband at first if u have never ridden a 125.

yeh i own a yz125.. my mate is lookin at getting this rm and im gonna go have a look with him. he has ridden my bike a few times and the power-band is half the reason he wants one, plus maintenance costs.

It should be a good bike, I will be interested to see how it goes against my yz.

Sweet keep us posted on how the rm runs, i might be lookin at gettin a 2 stroke later this year.

will do..

2 strokes are mega fun... the way it is either on or off.. there is no cruising around on a 2stroke haha.. and of course the smell is a good enough reason to have one alone 👍

ill let ya know how it all goes

Sweet so im kinda a newbie to 2strokes. I am 6foot1 and i wiegh 170lbs do u think i am 2 big for a 125? It would just be my fun bike i wouldnt be racing it or anythin.

Sweet so im kinda a newbie to 2strokes. I am 6foot1 and i wiegh 170lbs do u think i am 2 big for a 125? It would just be my fun bike i wouldnt be racing it or anythin.

haha your nearly exact same height and weight as me... I think a 125 is awesome... its a really light bike so its heaps good to throw around. I have no problems with it carrying me around. But you do have to keep it on the pipe and shift quite a bit.

It also depends where you want to ride and how much money you want to spend. I only have 4grand so that would have been getting an 2007 125 or a 2003 or 4 250 2stroke... So that played a pretty big part in my decision.. i would prefer to have a newer bike if you dont have much money.

Also it is my 1st proper mx bike... so if your more experienced you might find that it lacks the power... for me i was so shocked at how fast my 125 was, if i had have brought a 250 2stroke i would have regretted it a lot!

In saying that though.. i know guys who race and say they wouldnt mind having a 125 because they are so "fun"

Then its also a matter of where you ride... i have ridden my 125 in the dunes and it has not been bad at all.. i had no complaints. but yeh if it was a bigger bike it would go over it all a lot easier.

Bottom line i rekon is .. if your in experienced get a 125... if your experienced ride a mates 125 and you should be able to tell pretty quick if its your thing or not.

K cool thanks for da info i have experience ridin a 250f on a mx track, so how would the 125 be as a play bike fun or not?

you might feel as though it doesnt have enough power... be riding in mega boggy sand all the time..

I dono, just have a go on one... you will be able to tell if it doesnt have enough power pretty quik