Sign in to follow this  

changing tire without tire irons

dunno amigo, cant see life being that easy with any off my old nags. definitly goin to try it though. has anyone got a miracle cure for tubless tyres that wont pop out on the rim, you know when the air wont seal enough. never tried that petrol trick and dont want to also dont want half a bottle of washing up liquid swaning around in my tyre, a bad job on a powerful bike.

I don't see how that could work with bead/rim locks. Even if you didn't have bead/rim locks I don't think I could take a rear tire and just slip it over the rim on my 450. I have yet to get one on without a string of cuss words.....lol

dunno amigo, cant see life being that easy with any off my old nags. definitly goin to try it though. has anyone got a miracle cure for tubless tyres that wont pop out on the rim, you know when the air wont seal enough. never tried that petrol trick and dont want to also dont want half a bottle of washing up liquid swaning around in my tyre, a bad job on a powerful bike.

remove the valve core and use a blow gun attachment. Works every time.

The bag as lube? Sure, I could see that working depending on the tire. Hell, I've put on front tires without tire irons or trash bags.....just some simple pressing and cursing. But I'd love to see that work on the 6in rim on the back of my race bike with some stiff sidewall track tires!

I donno....maybe cause im a little guy but there is no way and hell i could fight that tire on like that...ill take my tire spoons any day!