Sign in to follow this  

California Indian Valley Reservoir/Walker Ridge

Not supposed to be a OHV but rather a hunting area.

Very few trails and no markers and no maintenance.

Lots of the trails were made in the fires last two years

and if you are caught on one of those you will incur a major fine.

I ride the main roads on a D/S going to M5 from Kelseyville on occasion.

The last two times I seen riders getting tickets for riding on the road and

the fire break trails.

You are so much better off at Stoney 20 miles north or MC 20 miles west

or even Knoxville 20 miles south. If you ride to the North side of the lake

and then head west of the river you can be shot at, a person was hit by a bullet

in the 90's. Lots of private land and very irate owners.

Edited by ossidog

Also, there were some people parked in a small lot right off hwy20, as soon as you turned onto walker ridge road. Can you ride trails straight from there?

If you ride from that spot and are caught on a non plated bike you are screwed. If you ride east at all from that spot your in private land, you can really only ride from the east edge of the lake to Walker ridge road and only on trails that were in existence before the fire. The west edge is all private.

The North edge is adjacent to private. If you have a plate on your bike feel free, no plate you are rolling the dice.

It is what u found. Not to happy that u had to tell the world. Just delete all the details please.👍

Edited by ChadG
Is that better Ossi?
  • Like 1

i t was about a year ago when i went there .i was going to just camp and and check out the wild flowers with my wife and dogs.did bring a chinese pit bike we pulled in to a place the trailer could fit and started to set up and bullets started whizzing by us!no s**t!we thought it was best to move out rather than argue me being shy and all.this was between a campground that i dont remember the name of and the reservoir.the next day i was out riding the little scoot and i went near where we had been the day before and there was a very ugly sight!a big guy in military clothing squatting on the trail doing you know what:moon: ,gun still in hand!a friend of mine and his wife came up that weekend and they camped and left the next morning saying the wife was scarred and did not sleep all night. and watch out for the rattle snakes and poison sumac.👍

Walker Ridge isn't that great. It's just fire roads and some crappy, brushed in trails that aren't worth the wrath of the rangers that go through there regularly.

Hey Mikey, sorry I missed reading your ride report, if that's what it was, before the fellas stepped up with the "delete all the details" but "really the place sucks" hypocrisy/antagonism. Hope you guys had a great ride and I'm sorry I missed it.

Thumpertalk ride report police.👍:snore:🤣

We drove down to Indian Valley Reservoir after riding at the Oasis at the end of March. There were several kids on quads riding the dirt road down to the lake. Noticed a few trails that went up the mountain on the East side and a couple of single track trails off the main dirt road down. Saw a couple guys camped right at the bottom of the trails that lead up the mountain. They had bikes.

We were towing a bike down and saw a ranger lady. Asked if we were going in the right direction and she said yes. Nothing at all mentioned about the bike.