Sign in to follow this  

KXF 250 09 keeps breaking up clutch plates

Hello

Hello we run KXF 250,s and have never had this problem we had 5 09 models and a 2010 we have 1 09 model that keeps breaking clutch plates it looks dry when stripped but has had 3 clutchs in 3 weeks cant seem to find the problem any ideas, I have thought that the oil ways are blocked causing an oil feed problem?

Regards

run at least 1L of oil. did you clean out the screen after you broke the plates, my friend blew his bike up because of that.

Yes my mechanic stripped the engine cleaned it right through ,I know that when an engine gets hot or is low on oil it can and will break up plates but we have never had this happen before so quickly after the first episode so we are looking a bit deeper, and wondered if anyone else has had the same problem.

Thanks for your reply and tip to run with more oil, we are looking at drilling the basket to get more oil movement in the clutch.

Regards

Did you ever find a solution? My clutch keeps failing, I'm on my second clutch replacement but I think another one is coming.

Did you ever find a solution? My clutch keeps failing, I'm on my second clutch replacement but I think another one is coming.

We never really got to the bottom of the problem, but we did find on the 2009 KXF 250 the oil breather from the crank case turns in the case and blocks the breather which will cause pressure in the crank case, We had to heat up the casing and turn the breather tube which the kick start idle gear is on back into position and the modify the breather pipe thread so it stopped the tube turning again.

One thing we did do is fit a genuine clutch rather than after market ones this did work and it was working when we sold it a month later,

Good luck