Sign in to follow this  

Garmin 60Cx 199.99 at Amazon today

thats a pretty good deal.....Dicks Sporting goods wants $315 for it and everywhere else on the web.. the cheapest I can find is $250

That's a smoking deal! I picked one up a couple months back and paid $229, and that was a good price. If I didn't already have one I'd be all over that at $199!

I lost my explorist 210 but have my heart set on the 60 CSX. I think the CX is the same just without the turn by turn for the car. HMMMMM That is a good deal.

I lost my explorist 210 but have my heart set on the 60 CSX. I think the CX is the same just without the turn by turn for the car. HMMMMM That is a good deal.

No, the Cx is the same except for the extra "sensors" (compass and barometer). Both have identical mapping and navigation capabilities.

• Like 1

Oh that's what it was, the electronic compass. I thought according to the write up the CXS had some additional turn by turn or something. I may have to grab that CX. So is the CX as accurate as the CXS? I don't really care about the barometer.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Oh that's what it was, the electronic compass. I thought according to the write up the CXS had some additional turn by turn or something. I may have to grab that CX. So is the CX as accurate as the CXS? I don't really care about the barometer.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Every bit as accurate. Other than the compass and barometer the units function identically.

Thanks for all the info. Just pulled the trigger and bought one. only drawback is it will be here in about 3 weeks. But what a deal! 👍

I'm wanting to go up into Michigan and run some of the mapped routes they have up there. Then there's a guy that has mapped offroad routes to get most anywhere in our state via gps.

Read that the 60 was highly rated by riders that used them so I filed it away for future reference. I guess I got my order in quickly, it shipped already and will be here Wed.

👍

Now another electronic toy to learn how to use....................................and another manual to read.......and something else to fit on the handlebars.........

What's good in mounts? Will it come with a bike mount?

Every bit as accurate. Other than the compass and barometer the units function identically.

Not really a barometer, it's a barometric altimiter. I guess you could use it as a barometer though:smirk:

Costco has them for $199.00 also for the cx. If it was only a few $ more I would buy a csx. The electronic compass is very important when you stop. The compass will continue to point in the correct direction.

Dale

Not really a barometer, it's a barometric altimiter. I guess you could use it as a barometer though:smirk:

Oh, that's right. Still pretty much useless for most.

Costco has them for $199.00 also for the cx. If it was only a few $ more I would buy a csx. The electronic compass is very important when you stop. The compass will continue to point in the correct direction.

Dale

I'm sure I'm missing something here. Why do you need the compass to continue showing if you are stopped?

👍