Sign in to follow this  

Washington ***DeSeRt 100 StOrIeS***

:thumbsup: Try again, Ride..

He is part of our normal crew tho, and no.. It wasnt me or Mitch :lol:

He didn't seem to shy about announcing it to me when he caught his breath. I was happy to see him get it together with Mitch's help and ride back to the camp....in need of a good shower!

TONY

I was camped next to you in the enclosed trailer. We were just pulling out and yelled at you as you two were shaking some of the dirt off after leaving the podium. It was great to meet you folks. Thanks again for the incredible beer. Glad to see you made it through in one piece. I'm willing to bet a lot of sore pieces but one piece none the less.

We laugh and have told the stories of your brother and his shake down run numerous times to anyone that will listen. Thanks for the hospitality for a bunch of first timers. It's the little things like that which make for an overall great time. See you next year. I'll bring my own glass for a swill of your great beer. I'll see if I can find something at the local brewery for trading stock.

The kid also told me there is no way he is going back without racing it. I guess I better get in shape now and try to be ready.

Booger

Bummer to hear about Pete Treadwell. He helped with our set up and display at the Community Center. Had to steal a part off a display bike when he helped a kid who crashed during the Poker Run and his bike fell over in the process. Good guy who supports the sport by sponsoring the 100 and participates regularly. Lance

Yep it was in the second wave. The guy on the red Honda was following another guy over that g-out spot. The first guy barely cleared it and started to swap out, but saved it by gassing it. That got the crowd's attention. Then your buddy went over the same spot and it looked like he hit a mortar as his bike went flying up into the air with about 4 good rotations. The crowd ooh'd and awh'd including me. He got up to his hands and knees until the paramedics had him lay back down. What got me is that he actually got up and rode back to the pits on his own after about 20 minutes...the crowd went nuts!

He was on the second wave.. Runnin top five closer toward camp, ridin a Honda... And from what I was told, yes.. His bike cart wheeled quite a distance.. :thumbsup:

He's ok BTW.. Just some bumps, bruises, and a busted Ego.. :lol:

I wonder if he was the guy I saw cartwheel where the start crosses part of the course before the uphill to the bomb. There was only one guy involved so most likely it wasn't him. His bike flipped so violently I can't even imagine that he couldn't be hurt. The poor bike cartwheeled 4+ times so that should give you an idea of the speed he was travelling. I hope the guy is OK. Anyone else see it? It was right to the right of the trail where most of the fast guys line up to try and get the holeshot.

I think I saw it. Was it a Honda?? It looked like he rode it out after a talk with the medics.

this was in the first wave, i'm pretty sure the bike was white but a lot went through my mind from there to the finish so i'm not 100% on that.

I heard Marlon (of Odessa's CIty Counsel) let his son ride the 100 on Saturday. The boy broke his collar bone. :thumbsup:

My middle one rode on sat. He and a bunch of friends, including his older brother, put in one lap of the poker run.

When they got back my oldest asked if he could run into town (to the Bikeweek show) and pick up a chest protector. Sure thing.

He took his little brother along. They called while there and asked if Sam could also have a chest protector. Sure. "Um, they are kinda expensive". Yep. "Like $100." Yep. "Each." Yep. "OK, thanks dad!" You bet.

They came back out and did another lap of the poker run. Next thing I knew I got a call from the wife. "They have Sam strapped to a back board and are taking him to the hospital!" YIKES! I ran up to the command post and asked if he was able to move his toes. "Yes" came the answer. That was a VERY long 5 minutes!!!!

Luckily he *only* had a broken wrist and a lot of bumps and bruises. He still says his back hurt more than his wrist :-) Go figure.

Andy and his friend Randy road the wr450 as team riders on Sunday. No injuries other than a bent rim on the bike!

laters,

marlon