Sign in to follow this  

Have a Crf250x but want a MX bike!?

Well I live in Louisiana but just recently went to Three Palms in Houston and had a blast! I love my 250x in the woods, I never raced before but I am fairly aggressive, maybe a mid C rider??(I have been riding for about 3-4 years now). However this bike on a Motocross Track is lacking power and suspension, I didnt have enough bike to clear some of the jumps and falling short was miserable and I was pancaking and bouncing everywhere (I know this is also technique). I do not want to change my suspension of my X because its great in the woods, but I am considering another bike. What do you guys reccomend? I am 22, 5'6", 135lbs. I already have 2 bikes (230f 250x) and some bills some I am on a low budget, around $1500 give or take, therefore I was thinking of an older 2 stroke, like a YZ250? Well anyways I am open for suggestions, comments and concerns. Thanks in advance!

If you were willing to part with your 230 you could probably find a decent low hour 250F. If I was still riding track, I would definitely go with a second bike. I spent too much time and money trying to make a bike that could do both track and trails.

My 230 is a daily driver, I converted it into a motard, and also use it for dual sports. So I do not have intentions on selling it. 👍

Sell your 250X and get a CRF 250R. I spend most of my time on the track, but my bike is great in the woods as well. Just my .02

i agree. i have a 07 250r and it is great in the woods, havent done much mx with it but i mean it was made for that.

I will look in to see how much I can get for my 06' 250. Trading it for an 250r might be an option. When I say bills, I am referring to monnthly bills, such as rent,insurance,gas,energy, and so on. Not much debt

Why not save up for a while and get a 3rd bike? How long would it take to save up like 2000 or so, this would get you a nice AL framed yz125 in most places.....

What I really want is a 3rd bike. I have the money to buy one, just debating if I want to pull it from my savings. It will probably take me about 3 months to replenish my savings account. But can I find something worthy for around $1500? I am thinking a YZ 125 would be ideal, but I have never ridden a 2stroke and have no idea what to look for, or what my best options are.

Thanks

Agreed! Thats why I am leaning towards and older YZ 125. This should be more track worthy than my 250x, correct?

Yes, for sure! Maybe take a buddy with knowledge of 2 strokes when you look at possible bikes.

Where in Louisiana are you? I'm from Ville Platte.

Metairie (New Orleans area)... I have been to Breckinridge the last few years to snowboard. Sure does beat New Orleans.

Metairie (New Orleans area)... I have been to Breckinridge the last few years to snowboard. Sure does beat New Orleans.

Cool deal! Yea, Breck's a nice town; lots of tourists though.👍

Check these out:

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/mcy/1678390291.html

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/mcy/1679868494.html

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/mcy/1647772354.html

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/mcy/1687791699.html

Thanks for all the help, I am going to check those bikes out this weekend hopefully!