Sign in to follow this  

How often do you go through pegs?

I am fixing (welding and grinding) my IMS low-boys this is the second time for this set of pegs... and this is my second set of IMS pegs. The first set I wore out I just replaced but I started building the pegs back up and then using a die grinder to put the teeth in....I guess 3/4 of a year isnt bad for a set of pegs:banghead:

Edited by kanyonkritter

Wow you must have been riding a whole lot or have a grinder wheel on the bottom of you boots. I personally have never changed my pegs. Good idea rebuilding the pegs back up.

Wow you must have been riding a whole lot or have a grinder wheel on the bottom of you boots. I personally have never changed my pegs. Good idea rebuilding the pegs back up.

:thumbsup:Damn near everyday:ride:

I was actually thinking about this last week and yesterday during the race when my boots slipped off the pegs twice bouncing through high speed whoops. My IMS pegs are pretty dull now so I think I need to replace them. This will be the first time, although I have worn previous ones pretty good...I have about two years on my current set.

This is precisely why Pro Taper just came out with their 2 piece footpegs:

http://www.btosports.com/p/PROTAPERFOOTPEGS

My boot practically rubbed a hole in my rear brake caliper after ~400 miles of riding this weekend because I removed the Works Connection guard, thinking I didn't really need it. Apparently I need it.

Everything on a motorcycle wears out over time.