Sign in to follow this  

Take a Look at this Please

This is an 04' DRZ... I think its an S... not sure yet though. Anyway, the guy claims it runs great (will be riding it tonight or tommorrow night)... I am wondering what would cause the finish to come off the casing here. A buddy suggeste that bike had to get Insanely hot to make that happen...

DRZSUZUKI012.jpg

The rest of the bike looks pretty darn clean and he just plopped a new battery in it... Plus..it comes with all these accessories, which I think I would just sell off...

DRZSUZUKI024.jpg

DRZSUZUKI017.jpg

He is "asking" 2K... I have a feeling I could get it for 1500.... sell the xtras for a couple hundred?? and have my deezer WITH E start (I've been riding a kicker for the last few days for a "trial" and am NOT a huge fan of kicking the thing over.👍

Edited by Sapphire
sp.

I don't think the bike got really hot my guess is they sprayed it with solvent or some degreaser at some point it will do exactly that. Some of that stuff will fade colored rims and should not be used on aluminum when hot.

Don't know for sure but it looks to me like someone tried to paint it...poorly, and it's just the crappy paint job coming off.

Are those pieces normally just metal colored then? Not Black?? ANyone got pics of an 04 Crank case???

Thats what I would say. It was probably painted and it's just coming off...

Also if it were me I'd pull the plug and see what it looks like if wet black then oil is getting by rings or valves.I've always offered less for something I was interested in buying and most of the time they will take it.Good Luck:)

I always get confused... seems one, the S or E has a better motor? Or...more powerfull anyhow... Do you guys know which is which?? How does THIS motor compare to the 2000 kicker's motor I rode this weekend...?

Motors are almost the same.

S has different cams and a 3 ply base gasket (lower compression), autodecompression built into the cams

E has more aggressive cams, 1 ply base gasket, FCR carb, autodecompression built into the cams

K has the more agressive cams (auto decomp), 1 ply base gasket, FCR carb, lighter flywheel, no battery/starter and a manual decompression lever and IIRC the FCR carb has a hotstart knob, kickstart

Edited by Sundog
Edit: K cams do have auto decompression

It looks like the head is either newer than the rest of the motor or it was off and it was re-painted. Just going by the difference in color of the jug and the head. Either way the motor was likely apart. Nothing wrong with that, just make sure everything is right with the motor before buying. I would agree that it is an E.

Is there a noticeable difference in the E and K power??? K sure sounds better...

Is there a noticeable difference in the E and K power??? K sure sounds better...

I thought you said you didn't like kicking a bike?

Yeah...So? If it makes a noticeable difference in power I just may be able to handle it!🤣

if the bike starts relatively easy...I sure wont mind! And from all the input I've got from you guys, if I get it tuned right and jetted properly, etc...it'll start right up no prob!👍

Someone look at there crank case and tell me if its painted black/anodized or if its metal colored?!?!?!

Please! ;0)

Thanks... so that was definitely just a bad paint job... thats good to know....

I have an E model. That dark gray color on the left lower is stock. My bet, is it has been pressure washed year after year and the oem paint is coming off around there. With that in mind, you could ask him it he greases the rear linkage ever.

Also, the discoloration between the head and cylinder is completely normal. That does NOT mean they have been apart, simply means it's a used DRZ400E. Different metal composition or something, I don't know the technicals, just that it is normal.

As others have said, K and E are same in power components.

👍