Lightweight, Lotsa Low End... Which Bike?

I lied a while back when I said I'd posted my "last" which bike thread... I have been riding a DRZ of the neighboors, 00' kicker... LOTS of power...handles great, BUt definitely big and heavy feeling too..

Whats a Good, Reliable bike that weighs A LOT less, is nimble, has lots of low end?

KDX 220? What else?👍

The YZ 250's are a really good platform to look at, more power than the KDX everywhere. They can be tuned for a wide range of needs, they are a handful though. I rode an 07 the other day with a 13oz flywheel on it and it really shocked me with the power it had. If you're new to bikes then you probably will find it a bit much, but it is an option...

I'm not new to bikes, but haven't ridden much in a long time. Was having NO prob handling the Drz this weekend... REAL fun...

YZ 250s...meaning the 2 strokes or the F's? or both?

Budget?? Hmmm... I'd like to stay under $2500...

If you are on a budget. Finding an older 2 stroke will be your best bet. If you can't find a KTM 200 to fit in your budget, any 250 2 stroke will have enough low end for you to lug around. Maybe throw on a fly wheel weight, and a FMF Gnarly and you will be good to go. 250 2 strokes have more torque than 250f's plus around 10 more HP when you need it as well.

YZ 250s...meaning the 2 strokes or the F's? or both?

BOTH! I have one of each because I can't decide.🤣

older exc ones had banana silencers, pretty quiet, and if you bump up to a 250 or 300 most people lug the bigger bores, that's quieter too

I wish every bike could be as quiet as a KTM Hockey Stick EXC model. Now that's quiet! 👍

I still dont know what a "hockey stick" is... well, you know, besides an actualy hockey stick...

Anyhow... Now I just wait and watch Craigslist and the paper... not fun... I am wanting a bike now, but dont have the $8g's to take down to the KTM dealer!!!!

I still dont know what a "hockey stick" is... well, you know, besides an actualy hockey stick...

Anyhow... Now I just wait and watch Craigslist and the paper... not fun... I am wanting a bike now, but dont have the $8g's to take down to the KTM dealer!!!!

ktm exc silencer, they are huge, and the silencer has a bend, it looks like a hokey stick

ktm-200-xc-3w.jpg