Sign in to follow this  

Colorado VDR HS April 11

Great Race. Track prepped perfectly. Great weather.

Here's part of the 1st lap. I'll get more parts of the race up tonight / tomorrow. I apologize for the watermark in the middle of the video - I was trying out some new software for free (and it sucks).

http://vholdr.com/node/81120

VDRHS411101.jpg

VDRHS411102.jpg

VDRHS411103.jpg

I thought i saw you out there durring the race. I looked for you after the race but couldn't find you.

I agree it was a great race for sure the track was awesome. Do you have a larger version of our start line picture?

On the 1st lap i hit that huge mud hole in the ravine in the back. I could not get to the right in time for the one good line and I was trying to pass some one. Thank god for tear offs or my race would have been done.

I saw you on my last lap. You flew over me on the "doubles" after the start. I've developed a mind block about those - along with back whoops / rhythm section - I just can't seem to hit them right so I slow WAY down. I kept up for a little bit afterward but you we just on the throttle and then I went down in a corner. The camera also shut itself off after it was hit by some roost......

My dad apparently doesnt understand the zoom function on his camera so that's as close as were getting for the start.

And when looking for me, look for the black lab. Generally she'll be on her back frolicking in Pete's dirt.

VDRHS411104.jpg

Video of me trying to make a clean pass and getting blasted with roost over and over. Not sure whats up with the static sound, first try with mounting cam to chest protector. Camera case was open in the back for zip ties...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq2JL1W5epQ

Frustrating trying to pass and not getting it done.....

Edited by raptobob
sp

I saw you on my last lap. You flew over me on the "doubles" after the start. I've developed a mind block about those - along with back whoops / rhythm section - I just can't seem to hit them right so I slow WAY down. I kept up for a little bit afterward but you we just on the throttle and then I went down in a corner. The camera also shut itself off after it was hit by some roost......

My dad apparently doesnt understand the zoom function on his camera so that's as close as were getting for the start.

And when looking for me, look for the black lab. Generally she'll be on her back frolicking in Pete's dirt.

VDRHS411104.jpg

Dang I was looking for a blue truck. For some reason i thought your truck was blue or black.

It's easy to develop a block threw those sections. The whoops on the east end are very intimidating. They are easier than they look but man that 1st few times threw them it's pretty scary.

Video of me trying to make a clean pass and getting blasted with roost over and over. Not sure whats up with the static sound, first try with mounting cam to chest protector. Camera case was open in the back for zip ties...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq2JL1W5epQ

Frustrating trying to pass and not getting it done.....

That's a cool angle. Man the roost looks bad from that angle.

The video quality was alot better before it went on youtube...maybe it will improve when done processing as it says. The roost made my arms look bad too!

Edited by raptobob

Here's part of the 1st lap.

Which version of the vholder do you use. The older model (720p?), or the new HD version?

Which version of the vholder do you use. The older model (720p?), or the new HD version?

I've got the older version - so you have to go down in quality to get 60 frames / second, otherwise it's too jittery to watch. I spoke to someone with the new version and he said he had to do the same thing. But for the price it was worth it.

Rapto - love that angle. For some reason, it looks like your riding a raked out chopper!

I almost went off the track right there as well. That corner was hard because of the rise. Nice save. You could see a lot of tracks from guys doing the same thing.