Sign in to follow this  

rutted turn ?

On my ride suday there was a right hand turn that had a good size rut forming and i entered the rut good but that about half way through my front end knived on me (i think that is what you would call it) and i thought i had to put my foot down to save it and i gave the bike a little throtle (sp.) to stand the bike back up and in the prosess my foot hit the dirt and twisted my knee good, any advice on how to stop this from happening its not the first time this has happened and it was the end of the day for me. Thanks for your advice. 👍

as far as the kniving part of it that usually happens when you are looking right in front of you.. look farther ahead when going through the rut. looking right down in front of you gives you more tendency to twitch/or make small turn corrections. Also a little front braking helps keep pressure/weight on the front tire to stay locked in the rut. Some outside peg weight helps with balance to. Main thing is look far ahead into the turn.

If the bike is trying to turn inside the rut...speed up the fork rebound. As far as turning in ruts, you have to get your speed up as the slower you go the harder it is to stay in the rut. Come into the corner standing and on the front brake. Aim the front tire into the rut then just sit down and lean the bike and look way ahead to the end of the corner and gas it...you need to get your inside leg in the proper place out in front of you. Practice that same corner over and over until you get it.