Sign in to follow this  

Baja Designs high beam not working?

I have the Baja Designs dual sport kit. The high beam quit working yesterday. Low beam still works. When I move the handlebar switch up to the high beam position, (1)the blue light on the switch doesn't light up (it used to), (2) I no longer hear an audible click from a relay behind the cowl (used to) and, of course, the high beam headlight doesn't come on.

Is this just the bulb, or the switch/relay? It's kind of a pain to get to the bulb and I don't want to try replacing it if it's not the problem.

Thanks.

Make sure the black and yellow wires is still plugged into the harness. Those are the leads for the high beam. I have seen that with the relay set ups from BajaD the problem is with the relay most of the time. Give the relay a tap.

I have the Baja Designs dual sport kit. The high beam quit working yesterday. Low beam still works. When I move the handlebar switch up to the high beam position, (1)the blue light on the switch doesn't light up (it used to), (2) I no longer hear an audible click from a relay behind the cowl (used to) and, of course, the high beam headlight doesn't come on.

Is this just the bulb, or the switch/relay? It's kind of a pain to get to the bulb and I don't want to try replacing it if it's not the problem.

Thanks.

Mele63 can you verify if the high beam element is still good by powering that directly to a 12volt source. If that is good it is probably the switch panel give me a call at the shop. Our phone number is 760-560-2252 Ext 122 my name is Diego.

Mele63 can you verify if the high beam element is still good by powering that directly to a 12volt source. If that is good it is probably the switch panel give me a call at the shop. Our phone number is 760-560-2252 Ext 122 my name is Diego.

Thanks, Diego. I'll pull the bulb and let you know. Visually, through the headlight lense, it looks intact.

I just had everything apart to install the LED blinkers...replaced all the bullet and multi-connectors with soldered connections & marine-grade heatshrink tubing. I hope it's just the bulb.

Mine is doing the same. Bulb is fine; harness is fine. I'm hoping I can remove the hi/lo switch and check the contacts.

I talked to Diego today as my hi/low switch is sticking. Sometimes it goes on and is just as difficult to turn back off. I took the switch apart and sprayed contact cleaner into/behind the contact but didn't help. I am sending in the switch to them to look at.

Well I am embarrassed to say my problem was operator error. The red HI/LO button was not pushed in. How could this happen? Well my headlight is always lit on low beam when the slider switch is in the "P" position and the engine is running; but when I put the slider switch to the "H" position the high beam would come on; hence I never used the red button - it was always pushed in. Maybe someone else can learn from my dumb mistake.👍

button.jpg

Well I am embarrassed to say my problem was operator error. The red HI/LO button was not pushed in. How could this happen? Well my headlight is always lit on low beam when the slider switch is in the "P" position and the engine is running; but when I put the slider switch to the "H" position the high beam would come on; hence I never used the red button - it was always pushed in. Maybe someone else can learn from my dumb mistake.🤣

button.jpg

Doh!👍 Unfortunately, not the same for me.