Sign in to follow this  

2006 yfz 450 wont start

i have a 2006 yfz 450 that will not start. I had the top end rebuilt by a dealer and the bike ran great the day i got it back. i went to the track the next day and it started fine. i got out on the track made it around the first corner and it died on me and wouldnt start back up. It has gas in it. It is gettin spark and it is cranking, it just wont start. If anyone has any ideas let me know. thanks.

Pull the bottom bowl screw where you change jets, then open up the fuel pitcock and you see a lot of fuel coming out of there if not then your needle and seat are hanging up and need to be removed and cleaned.

Pull the bottom bowl screw where you change jets, then open up the fuel pitcock and you see a lot of fuel coming out of there if not then your needle and seat are hanging up and need to be removed and cleaned.

I'm having this issue, no fuel in the bowl. I pulled my carb off and apart and figured it must be needle and seat blocking but how does it come out? I pryed and pulled some but didn't want to damage anything.

provided it is a stock carb. it is held in by a O-ring just work it out