Sign in to follow this  

Connecticut Trails near/around Connecticut? Willing to drive 3-5 hours.

Not much in CT unfortunately except for Thomaston Dam for legal, out doors riding (non mx). Opens May 1st so you'll have to wait (like the rest of us).

Mass has a ton, you just want to have your bike registered ($30 for out of state, I think). I'm from CT and just about 45 minutes away from Tolland State Forrest over the border. Pittsfield State Forest might be the biggest with over 40 miles of trails.

Here's a helpful link from the state of Mass - can also browse their trails..

http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/western/pitt.htm

There's also the Pachaug state forest.

Your bike needs to be registered. 👍

Thank you both.

I was born and raised in Mass' just wasn't sure if trails were still available or not. Gonna suck moving back East from Colorado as far as riding goes. I have thousands of miles of trails within an hour or so from my house out here. Man, this is gonna hurt ;-(

i do alot of riding in massachusets and there are several parks with a 30$ fee to get registered. there is beartown which can get really gnarly, alot of atvs ride there but you see bikers there too. pittsfeild is my favorite because its not as crazy terrain but enough to challenge you and you can ride all day without seeing the same trail