Sign in to follow this  

06 RM250 gearing

What is the stock gearing for an 06 RM250? And for those of you doing motocross what gearing are you running? I've heard going up 1 tooth on the rear sproket is the hot set up.

i race mx on my 06 rm250. i've tried 50, 51 and 52, and found 51 works best for me. 52 is actually a bit better for most of my local track, but too short geared for starts, revs out too quick.

13-50 is stock I am currently running 13-51 and like it. I will be going back to 13-50 once the sprockets wear out.

crap... the ones i ordered in the winter and am currently running are a 12 and a 48 lol. for some reason i thought that was stock and now its wearing through my brand new swing arm guard. Guess I have to order yet another set of sprockets... anyone want a 12 and/or 48 set of protaper sprokets with about 10 rides on them??? lol

crap... the ones i ordered in the winter and am currently running are a 12 and a 48 lol. for some reason i thought that was stock and now its wearing through my brand new swing arm guard. Guess I have to order yet another set of sprockets... anyone want a 12 and/or 48 set of protaper sprokets with about 10 rides on them??? lol

Save yourself some coin and ditch the high dollar brand name sprockets. RM has a discount brand that wear really really well and they are dirt CHEAP! Also JT sprockets are cheap and last. I'm still running mine and its been over a year.

Save yourself some coin and ditch the high dollar brand name sprockets. RM has a discount brand that wear really really well and they are dirt CHEAP! Also JT sprockets are cheap and last. I'm still running mine and its been over a year.

I'm still running the stock sprockets, and chain on My 04 250,, I still can't believe it,,those things just won't wear out,,I've been looking for the old bent rear sprocket teeth (lean-over),,and it ain't happened yet,,,I know My chain is stretched, because I'm just about to the end of the adjustment,,that's something, that something that powerful, hasn't wore that thing out yet,,,,,never had any chain failures yet,,I use stock gearing,,because, If I am on a motocross track or a tight woods track,,stock gearing is the best overall choice,,for Me,,,,First gear is a little high on the RM,,,but,, I would rather put up with some clutch action, in tight situations,but I hate taking away the perfect gearing on the rest of the speeds......good luck......and keep it clean,,as the picture shows.....Dr.D..P1010764.jpg